Build B2G for ZTE Open (inari) is tricky. People who want to develop applications with firefox's app-manager extension need to wait for ZTE upgrades or build their own system, which involves some permission modifications in boot.img and some tweaking to recover the bootanimation (lost on custom builds) among other things.
But hey, I've build a production pre-release of firefox os 1.2, and so far so good , and I like to share it with you via a flashable .zip file. Remember this file can be installed ONLY from CWM recovery, cause its not signed
Version 1.2-prerelease (user release):
- Build with blobs from version 1.1.0B02 (also known as 1.1.0B06) for ZTE Open (EU version)
- Multilanguage - upgradeable through B2G nightlies (for both gecko & gaia)
- Compatible with firefox app-manager (firefox 26+)
- Includes su & busybox binaries ( busybox is linked with clear, grep, head, less, lsmod, more, nohup, pidof, ping, printf, pstree, sysctl, tail, telnetd, tftpd, traceroute, uname & usleep, for debugging via adb)
- No carrier branding, just official firefox os branding
- Fastboot enabled | ADB rooted
- does *NOT* overwrite your recovery partition (you won't loose CWM recovery )
known bugs: isn't a bug but a security feature: "ADB should not be allowed to connect when device is locked in production builds"
- I'm on version 1.x.y of 'some-carrier' build, Will this zip work in my case: Yes, only and just only if you have CWM installed.
- There are a lot of strange files inside .zip, why ? this is because ZTE provides upgrades with radio & bootloader firmware (incompatibles between versions) If I want to support this ROM I need to make sure everyone have the same version ( the version that matches with the blobs )
Of course, YOUR WARRANTY IS VOID, and if you brick your phone , this is NOT MY FAULT
Feedback is welcome