Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

External battery pack for G2

Tip us?

Pacman107
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default External battery pack for G2

Hello,

I m looking for a battery pack which would feet with my new lg g2. I nearly bought an Anker but their custom service told none of their batteries were compatible with the G2.

I found some clues that the Trent power pack ultra do work with it but I cannot find a way to deliver it to France...

Does someone has a valid battery pack which working well with the gorgeous G2 battery? I am not looking for a case because to be able to use it to charge some other stuff like an iPad.

Thanks.

Incep
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Compatible? It's just a charger, right? It just provides a ready supply of power at a certain voltage, with a max amperage. So I'm sure everything will work. If you want max charging speed, pick a 2A max current model

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Pacman107
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incep View Post
Compatible? It's just a charger, right? It just provides a ready supply of power at a certain voltage, with a max amperage. So I'm sure everything will work. If you want max charging speed, pick a 2A max current model

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I saw few comments of users telling that their phone stop charging 3-4 seconds after plugging in the charger. Anker even remove every reference to LG G2 on their website, some battery page mention of "not compatible with G2" cf: Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh
It s what made me suspicious, and I have started looking for real feedback on battery pack with G2.

I m guessing g2 with his gorgeous battery have some kind of protection circuit which does not accept low current charger or stuff like that.

Incep
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman107 View Post
I saw few comments of users telling that their phone stop charging 3-4 seconds after plugging in the charger. Anker even remove every reference to LG G2 on their website, some battery page mention of "not compatible with G2" cf: Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh
It s what made me suspicious, and I have started looking for real feedback on battery pack with G2.

I m guessing g2 with his gorgeous battery have some kind of protection circuit which does not accept low current charger or stuff like that.
Seems odd to me. I've been using my phone with cheap ebay chargers, which admittedly gave me pretty slow charging, but they've always worked. Sorry, I can't be of any help then, maybe someone else knows.

NikJe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a RavPower 10400mAh and it works great with my lg g2. I don't know why Anker doesn't have any chargers that fit with g2 as most of the phones in the market has either a cable like apples' or a unified like most of the other phones.

Pacman107
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Seems odd to me. I've been using my phone with cheap ebay chargers, which admittedly gave me pretty slow charging, but they've always worked. Sorry, I can't be of any help then, maybe someone else knows.
Thanks !!

That was exactly the kind of feedback i was looking for.

Just for information, how long does it take to charge your LG G2 with it?

Incep
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman107 View Post
Thanks !!

That was exactly the kind of feedback i was looking for.

Just for information, how long does it take to charge your LG G2 with it?
it really differs, I mean, some were absolutely crap, but most of them are able to give atleast 500mA, concidering its a 3000mA battery, that would be 6 hours. In comparison, the stock charger would manage to do it in well under two hours. But charging rate is something I think the manufacturer should provide in the spec sheet.
If you have a Verizon model, you might run into problems as third party chargers have been reported to be very slow.

ingoljosh
Old
Thanks Meter 227

DONATE TO ME
Look HERE . They have some awesome deals.

30,000MAH is that even possible?

Incep
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoljosh View Post
Look HERE . They have some awesome deals.

30,000MAH is that even possible?
I checked it out. It says
"Battery actual capacity:13800mAh"
Which is still fairly much. It isn't exactly uncommon for chinese manufacturers to exaggurate

ingoljosh
Old
Thanks Meter 227

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I checked it out. It says
"Battery actual capacity:13800mAh"
Which is still fairly much. It isn't exactly uncommon for chinese manufacturers to exaggurate
they might be accidentally adding an extra zero at the end. HAHAHAHAHA!