Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] will Ebay tablets work inUSA?

Tip us?

jismail
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] will Ebay tablets work inUSA?

I am seeing z2s on ebay and amazon from the UK and Hong Kong. Are they genuine? Will they work in the US in regards to power and ROMs and such? No US speced model listed on Sony site as of yet so im cautious to by one intended for another market. What would need to be done to use it in the US?

feis
Old
Thanks Meter 91
There are 3 different models of z2 tablets, wifi only 16gb, 32gb, and wifi+lte 16gb and they all are worldwide as far as i know

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

spridell
Old
Thanks Meter 60
From what I have read Sony has, wifi only and wifi+LTE model.

From the research I did the wifi+lte model has pretty much every band in it. So it will work in the US on Att and T-mobile.

jismail
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I received a reply from one of the UK vendors and he said that the charger is 3 prong style not 2 prong and woulld need an adapter. I am assuming the actual tablet electronics would be the same though. Can anybody confirm? Also, is there any reason you could not recieve US updates if is has a UK rom or is it the same thiing. Just worried because my TF201 tablet had different ROMs for each world wide market.

CAL7
Old
Thanks Meter 20
The charger plug is an issue, although minor in my opinion. Bigger issue is warranty.