Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 verizon I545VRUDMG7 root help

Tip us?
 
Wifilevel3
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Exclamation [Q] S4 verizon I545VRUDMG7 root help

Hi,

I went through all the form to root my S4 verizon(unlocked) but nothings related to MG7 baseband??

my baseband version is MG7 is it different than others?? i coudnt find any post related to this version

Main problem is KNOX security is installed in my phone in system directory,

KNOX preventing me from root access(when i tried super user app i am getting a notification ""An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device"),

so i tried to uninstall the KNOX but I need a root privilage to uninstall it. I stuck in the loop.

after I found to bypass the KNOX I should use the certified application to get into root. (i may be wrong i am not sure) is their any way for me to root and install cynagenMod ?? or if helped in uninstalling KNOX i can root it.

Thanks in Advance.

FYI: BaseBand version is I545VRUDMG7 its verizon and unlocked now using AT&T
 
riker147
Old
(Last edited by riker147; 13th March 2014 at 10:44 PM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 282
Posts: 920
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifilevel3 View Post
Hi,

I went through all the form to root my S4 verizon(unlocked) but nothings related to MG7 baseband??

my baseband version is MG7 is it different than others?? i coudnt find any post related to this version

Main problem is KNOX security is installed in my phone in system directory,

KNOX preventing me from root access(when i tried super user app i am getting a notification ""An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device"),

so i tried to uninstall the KNOX but I need a root privilage to uninstall it. I stuck in the loop.

after I found to bypass the KNOX I should use the certified application to get into root. (i may be wrong i am not sure) is their any way for me to root and install cynagenMod ?? or if helped in uninstalling KNOX i can root it.

Thanks in Advance.

FYI: BaseBand version is I545VRUDMG7 its verizon and unlocked now using AT&T

Are you sure it's MG7 and not MJ7? I did a quick Google search for I545VRUDMG7 and the only thing I found were the posts you created on this and other sites.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of your phone info.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
 
Mistertac
Old
#3  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1401
Posts: 3,183
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Even Google says...
Did you mean MJ7???
Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Wifilevel3
Old
(Last edited by Wifilevel3; 19th March 2014 at 05:51 PM.)
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
Are you sure it's MG7 and not MJ7? I did a quick Google search for I545VRUDMG7 and the only thing I found were the posts you created on this and other sites.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of your phone info.

Yes it is MG7, ya I even google a lot about about it and coudnt get any info, so last resort I posted here, I attached the screen shot info please go through it.

Thank you.
 
Mistertac
Old
(Last edited by Mistertac; 14th March 2014 at 07:38 PM.)
#5  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1401
Posts: 3,183
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifilevel3 View Post
Yes it is MG7, ya I even google a lot about about it and coudnt get any info, so last resort I posted here, I attached the screen shot info please go through it.

Thank you.


[

[/COLOR]Grab this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo
Take a screenshot for us since I don't see the one you say you've posted here

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[COLOR="Silver"]
 
Wifilevel3
Old
(Last edited by Wifilevel3; 19th March 2014 at 05:52 PM.)
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
OK my bad... Doing a little more searching it looks like you may have the i9500/Exynos S4
This is the i545 S4 for Verizon forum

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Grab this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo
Take a screenshot for us since I don't see the one you say you've posted here

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

I could be wrong idk..... just get us that screen shot. Your build matches up with another model from what I see but who knows

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Hi, I attached the another screen shot using that app u mentioned, please go through it. and what I am thinking is KNOX is the only think which is not allowing me to root my phone, is there any way to remove the KNOX??
The Following User Says Thank You to Wifilevel3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jamesd1085
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 411
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newark
Weird...its 4.2.2. ...is this pre mdk?anyone know what this is lol...never seen this version...if it is surge may want a good look at it
 
phobia09
Old
#8  
phobia09's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 121
Join Date: Jun 2013
Maybe some sort of test build? Did you purchase the phone used? Generally S4 build numbers have followed a pattern. The second letter generally indicates a date, I believe. That's why MDK was most likely a May 2013 build, ME7 was a June 2013 build, etc. So this may be somewhere in between ME7 and MI1. I would say this device could be a rare gem and may even provide more information towards a BL exploit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Mistertac
Old
#9  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1401
Posts: 3,183
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Its very strange I could only find i9500 with similar build number but clearly that shows as an i545. Someone here will know. He says he has Knox on there though?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Wifilevel3
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 11
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobia09 View Post
Maybe some sort of test build? Did you purchase the phone used? Generally S4 build numbers have followed a pattern. The second letter generally indicates a date, I believe. That's why MDK was most likely a May 2013 build, ME7 was a June 2013 build, etc. So this may be somewhere in between ME7 and MI1. I would say this device could be a rare gem and may even provide more information towards a BL exploit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Yes, its a used phone. Is there any way to root or to Uninstall KNOX which prevent root ?? to install CyanogenMod.!!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes