Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] getting stock rom swype on cm7.2

Tip us?

DutchArjo
Old
(Last edited by DutchArjo; 15th September 2013 at 09:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] getting stock rom swype on cm7.2

Hi,

I found a topic which helped people to get their original stock rom swype back in their custom rom.
I tried the same but it didn't work for me. One part of the process is checking in build.prop that the ro.product.brand is the same in the original stock rom and in the custom rom. Which is so for my custom rom and the stock rom i've downloaded.

However, I saw that the build.prop from the stock rom uses GT-S5830 as type for the other lines like:
ro.product.model=GT-S5830
ro.product.name=GT-S5830
ro.product.device=GT-S5830
ro.product.board=GT-S5830

and that my custom rom has cooper there instead of GT-S5830. I added the lines above to my build.prop, hoping that this would solve the issue.

Unfortenately, it doesn't. When I select swype, there's no language available. I've checked in the apk file and alle the language files are there so it seems that swype blocks usage of it.
When I select swype, I get this message:
"the swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality."

I'm using cm 7.2. the ultimate and extracted swype from this sammobile stock rom:
S5830XWKTQ_S5830VITKT2_S5830XWKT8_HOME

Can someone tell me/help me with isolating the problem? Why does swype still not recognise my device as GT-S5830?

Viper The Ripper
Old
(Last edited by Viper The Ripper; 15th September 2013 at 09:42 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchArjo View Post
Hi,

I found a topic which helped people to get their original stock rom swype back in their custom rom.
I tried the same but it didn't work for me. One part of the process is checking in build.prop that the ro.product.brand is the same in the original stock rom and in the custom rom. Which is so for my custom rom and the stock rom i've downloaded.

However, I saw that the build.prop from the stock rom uses GT-S5830 as type for the other lines like:
ro.product.model=GT-S5830
ro.product.name=GT-S5830
ro.product.device=GT-S5830
ro.product.board=GT-S5830

and that my custom rom has cooper there instead of GT-S5830. I added the lines above to my build.prop, hoping that this would solve the issue.

Unfortenately, it doesn't. When I select swype, there's no language available. I've checked in the apk file and alle the language files are there so it seems that swype blocks usage of it.
When I select swype, I get this message:
"the swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality."

I'm using cm 7.2. the ultimate and extracted swype from this sammobile stock rom:
S5830XWKTQ_S5830VITKT2_S5830XWKT8_HOME

Can someone tell me/help me with isolating the problem? Why does swype still not recognise my device as GT-S5830?
www.swype.com/

Install it from Google Play Store, you also can try Swiftkey

DutchArjo
Old
(Last edited by DutchArjo; 11th April 2014 at 03:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper The Ripper View Post
www.swype.com/

Install it from Google Play Store, you also can try Swiftkey

installing from google play (or even amazon app store) would be an option when they would add PayPal support to pay for the app.
As long as I need to have a credit card, I cannot buy anything from Google Play or Amazon App store.

Therefore, I am hoping there is a solution for the difference in the build.prop file...
perhaps to include it in the zip file from the custom rom, but Im affraid the problem persists as the build.prop is still different.
I still hope the builde of this rom can send me his stock swype and libswypecore.so files...

Or is there another solution for this? (adjusting build.prop and inserting the lines with GT-S5830 was not one)