Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

[Q] new to xperia z1 rooting

OP cainwireshark

7th April 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
hi first of all am a noob when it comes it comes to rooting the xperia z1. The current android version am using is kitkat 14.3.A.0.681 and am using C6903 and i have seen posts on how to root it in this forum my issue is am a bit confused especially with stuff like unlock bootloader relock bootloader, CMW , downgrading etc i would really appreciate it if anybody could explain to me in detail how to root it especially direct rooting if theres any available or the procedure which requires downgrading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-45-23.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	2673565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-12.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	2673566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-46-42.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	2673567  
7th April 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #2  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,187
 
9,715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
No direct rooting.

You can however read some threads and follow this advice


1) Downgrade to a FTF ending in .534 (Find it in the mega collection thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire)

4) Flash a 4.4.2 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed)


4 easy steps to get root. No need to back up TA, no need to unlock the bootloader.
Last edited by gregbradley; 7th April 2014 at 08:07 PM.
7th April 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #3  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

4) Flash a 4.4.3 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed).

4.4.3? ..where it is?
7th April 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

No direct rooting.

You can however read some threads and follow this advice


1) Downgrade to a FTF ending in .534 (Find it in the mega collection thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire)

4) Flash a 4.4.2 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed)


4 easy steps to get root. No need to back up TA, no need to unlock the bootloader.



ok thank you downloading files will give feedback about progress
7th April 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
stuck at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

No direct rooting.

You can however read some threads and follow this advice


1) Downgrade to a FTF ending in .534 (Find it in the mega collection thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed)

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire)

4) Flash a 4.4.2 ROM of your choice. (Find them in the development section, the OP there has all the instructions needed)


4 easy steps to get root. No need to back up TA, no need to unlock the bootloader.


ok i have downloaded all files but am still confused even after visiting those forums how do you
2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed) really didnt get this :/ especially on how to install forum showed installation via windows and linux but how does it relate or how to custom recovery like this on phone plus can i decide to use CWM ?

3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire) because i saw this on the playstore do i need to flash or install on phone and if flash how to flash apk to phone ?
sorry for noobish questions
7th April 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #7  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,187
 
9,715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cainwireshark

ok i have downloaded all files but am still confused even after visiting those forums how do you
2) Install dual recovery (Find it in the cross device development thread, the OP there has all the instructions needed) really didnt get this :/ especially on how to install forum showed installation via windows and linux but how does it relate or how to custom recovery like this on phone plus can i decide to use CWM ?

download it and run it. Yes you can choose to use CMW, Philz (Based on CMW) or TWRP. It will install all 3 recoveries onto your phone
Quote:


3) Flash SuperSU.zip from chainfire (Google supersu chainfire) because i saw this on the playstore do i need to flash or install on phone and if flash how to flash apk to phone ?
sorry for noobish questions

No, download the .zip from chainfires website and flash it in recovery once you have installed it
8th April 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #8  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

No, download the .zip from chainfires website and flash it in recovery once you have installed it

Sorry Greg to bother you again about this but I will be glad to know why we should flash supersu via recovery? I mean, if you telling this, there should be a good reason, right? which it is?
8th April 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #9  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,187
 
9,715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
To get a am app that manages your error privalages. Without it nothing can be given root rights.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank