Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

keep stock launcher settings after wipe?

OP shteren

6th April 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100

547 posts
i like changing roms a lot! and i do prefer to do a full wipe each time to avoid unwanted bugs, but there is one thing that upsets me the most after each new rom and thats rearanging my launcher...

now i whould use nova launcher since it has backupand restore features, but unfortunatly it's not so usfull for stock roms since it can't find the weather, photos or music player widgets which are the ones i mostly use, niether does it show the AOSP version of those widgets.

so i was wondering if someone knows how to backup the stock launcher settings or layout to restore later, or an alternative lanucher with backup abilities that can use the sony widgets i'd love to know.
6th April 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag groningen
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Use nandroid backup

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th April 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

547 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zied2000

Use nandroid backup

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yeah but this messes up the whole idea of doing a clean flash without previous programs and possible bugs and errors...
8th April 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

547 posts
so i've found the solution is anyone is intrested.

all you need to do is copy /data/data/com.sonyericsson.home to a safe location (sdcard)

and after you wipe your device restore the folder to it's original location.

this restores homescreen layouts, widgets locations and sizes and apps shortcuts, i've just tried it works greats.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread