FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Gear Fit HowTo for Bluetooth Auto-reconnect with non-Samsung Smartphones using Tasker

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By MrIngenieur, Member on 1st June 2014, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As i did not find a answer here in the Forums i figured out a way that works perfectly for my nexus 5.
Maybe this useful for other Users too...

I don't know the exact English wording in Tasker, as my Version of tasker is German, but i think you should manage to follow the steps..

i managed to get auto reconnect working on the nexus 5 using Tasker:

1. new Profile: Status --> BT Connected --> Search Name of paired Gear Fit --> Search Address of Gear Fit --> nothing on "inverted"
2. new entry-Task: Name it "BT reconnect"
3. select Network Bluetooth --> select turn off and then go back
4. select "+" at the bottom menu to add another step to your "BT reconnect" task
5. select Network Bluetooth --> select turn ON again and then go back
6. Go back to the profile-page and long-tap on the green arrow
7. Change the Activation from ENTRY to EXIT, so you should have a red arrow instead of the green one before

if you set all this up correctly, then every time the Gear Fit goes out of bluetooth range, Tasker turns your Bluetooth on the nexus automatically OFF an back on again.
On my Nexus the Bluetooth OFF/ON procedure is enough to get the two devices automatically reconnected as soon as the gear fit is back within bluetooth range of the nexus 5. Tested several times today in normal allday-situations and worked perfectly.
Maybe this helps also the HTC One's...
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to MrIngenieur For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd June 2014, 01:07 AM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Htc one X with CM11 working.... Thx

Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Free mobile app
17th June 2014, 11:56 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works on my Moto G... Thanks
23rd June 2014, 08:17 PM |#4  
Flag Walnut Creek, CA
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
I don't think I understood anything of what you just said, where did you find this menu's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIngenieur

As i did not find a answer here in the Forums i figured out a way that works perfectly for my nexus 5.
Maybe this useful for other Users too...

I don't know the exact English wording in Tasker, as my Version of tasker is German, but i think you should manage to follow the steps..

i managed to get auto reconnect working on the nexus 5 using Tasker:

1. new Profile: Status --> BT Connected --> Search Name of paired Gear Fit --> Search Address of Gear Fit --> nothing on "inverted"
2. new entry-Task: Name it "BT reconnect"
3. select Network Bluetooth --> select turn off and then go back
4. select "+" at the bottom menu to add another step to your "BT reconnect" task
5. select Network Bluetooth --> select turn ON again and then go back
6. Go back to the profile-page and long-tap on the green arrow
7. Change the Activation from ENTRY to EXIT, so you should have a red arrow instead of the green one before

if you set all this up correctly, then every time the Gear Fit goes out of bluetooth range, Tasker turns your Bluetooth on the nexus automatically OFF an back on again.
On my Nexus the Bluetooth OFF/ON procedure is enough to get the two devices automatically reconnected as soon as the gear fit is back within bluetooth range of the nexus 5. Tested several times today in normal allday-situations and worked perfectly.
Maybe this helps also the HTC One's...

30th June 2014, 02:11 PM |#5  
Metz
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Can we have more cleaning explanations ? Cause like @martybg I understood nothing...

Thanks guys
30th June 2014, 07:35 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexxa05

Can we have more cleaning explanations ? Cause like @martybg I understood nothing...

Thanks guys

Here you can find my Export from Tasker... just import and have fun
Attached Files
File Type: txt <TaskerData.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.1 KB, 3727 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrIngenieur For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 02:59 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks! I picked up a Gear Fit yesterday from BestBuy (on sale for $150) and I no longer have to manually reconnect if I go out of range.
9th July 2014, 05:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIngenieur

Here you can find my Export from Tasker... just import and have fun

Tasker cannot see _Tasker.txt when I try to do a profile import. Also, your steps do not mirror what is in my Tasker app. I would like to do this but am stuck , sorry.

EDIT: neverrrrminnnnndd
Last edited by aiiee; 9th July 2014 at 05:56 PM.
10th July 2014, 05:31 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanx

Sent from my A110Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th July 2014, 05:22 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2

thanx

Sent from my A110Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Feel free to Click on the Thanks Button if it helped you..
15th July 2014, 08:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I don't know how to import the file. Does it need to be renamed ?

2nd solution, follow your how to, ok until the end.
I just have a message that tehre is no active profile, and the reconnection is not working.

Any help.

Thanks

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread