Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Speed up your Google Chrome Browser

Tip us?

-CALIBAN666-
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,355
Default Speed up your Google Chrome Browser

The workaround works very easy, even less technology-savvy people can easily perform this. To do this simply open the Chrome browser . In the address field, type :

Chrome://flags/#max.-tiles-for-interest-area

An Android system menu pops up, where you can now make settings. Once there, you choose the highest possible value (512 instead of 128 set for example). This value represents the total memory that the Android system is available for the Chrome browser. After changing this value, choose "Relaunch Now" (restarting) and the phone reboots. As of now, the Chrome browser you can enjoy again in old freshness. In older models, it may be that the adjustable memory size only goes up to 256 and not to 512 .Here you have to test what is possible.

GREEEEEETZ!!!!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to -CALIBAN666- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

F4uzan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,448
Great finding bro ! Thanks for the tutorial !
| F4uzan | Optima Team
------------------------------------

The Following User Says Thank You to F4uzan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Loulou-13
Old
Thanks Meter 252
Thank ! our friend -caliban666-
The Following User Says Thank You to Loulou-13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndyC76
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by -CALIBAN666- View Post
The workaround works very easy, even less technology-savvy people can easily perform this. To do this simply open the Chrome browser . In the address field, type :

Chrome://flags/#max.-tiles-for-interest-area

An Android system menu pops up, where you can now make settings. Once there, you choose the highest possible value (512 instead of 128 set for example). This value represents the total memory that the Android system is available for the Chrome browser. After changing this value, choose "Relaunch Now" (restarting) and the phone reboots. As of now, the Chrome browser you can enjoy again in old freshness. In older models, it may be that the adjustable memory size only goes up to 256 and not to 512 .Here you have to test what is possible.

GREEEEEETZ!!!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Dposs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm doing it here. Thanks!

lean222
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'cant find the field where I have to change the value

-CALIBAN666-
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,355
maybe its changed in newer versions,i take a look at this.