Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 39,734 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to connect without nfc

Tip us?

3vo3d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Default How to connect without nfc

Hi guys im running null on my gear and I've just flashed a custom rom on my note 3. Which for some reason has disabled my nfc.

As such I'm unable to connect my gear to my phone. Is there another way to do it? I've tried to connect manually but it doesn't show contacts or notifications etc it only allows me to use it as a bluetooth hands free kit.

Tyia

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

fireishott
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Yes just hit the connect manual button...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fireishott For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3vo3d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireishott View Post
Yes just hit the connect manual button...

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That was the second thing I tried and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

The watch does connect to the phone audio. But when I try to connect manually the watch does not show on the phone so I can't get notifications, use the media player etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to 3vo3d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fireishott
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vo3d View Post
Thanks for taking the time to reply. That was the second thing I tried and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

The watch does connect to the phone audio. But when I try to connect manually the watch does not show on the phone so I can't get notifications, use the media player etc.

Sorry for the delayed reply...but try to unfair the device in blue tooth settings on ovine then select connect manually

The Following User Says Thank You to fireishott For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3vo3d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Sorry for the delayed reply...but try to unfair the device in blue tooth settings on ovine then select connect manually

You sir are a scholar and a gentlemen! Unpairing in bluetooth then allowed me to connect manually! !!

You've saved my gear.

Thanks for your time and advice.

The Following User Says Thank You to 3vo3d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fireishott
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vo3d View Post
You sir are a scholar and a gentlemen! Unpairing in bluetooth then allowed me to connect manually! !!

You've saved my gear.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Surprised u go can decode that garbage of auto correct. ..guess I should have proof read first