Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update hitting today or tomorrow! 1.54

Tip us?

FlowingAway
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Default Update hitting today or tomorrow! 1.54

Supposed to help with connectivity issues.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mob...sions%2F155906
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlowingAway For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

exSD
Old
Thanks Meter 174
I'm HTC Unlocked and S-OFF and trying an HTC Software Check isn't returning anything for me yet.

schmeggy929
Old
(Last edited by schmeggy929; 8th April 2014 at 12:59 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 913

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by exSD View Post
I'm HTC Unlocked and S-OFF and trying an HTC Software Check isn't returning anything for me yet.
Once you are unlocked you don't updates anymore. You have to wait until one of the Dev's create a modified firmware update.

EDIT: Actually never do a OTA if you are S-Off. There may not be an exploit yet and will have to wait until there is to regain S-OFF.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Theme and skins for Sprint Evo 4G LTE: Kang Kong Red for Evo 4G LTE

Theme for Asus TF700T: Kang Kong Red for Asus TF700T
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schmeggy929 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahecht
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowingAway View Post
Supposed to help with connectivity issues.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mob...sions%2F155906
Since this update brings us to the same version as the international models, I wonder if it will include EXTREME POWER SAVER MODE

FlowingAway
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
Since this update brings us to the same version as the international models, I wonder if it will include EXTREME POWER SAVER MODE
I was thinking that same thing. I bet it does. EXTREEEMMEE

exSD
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeggy929 View Post
Once you are unlocked you don't updates anymore. You have to wait until one of the Dev's create a modified firmware update.

EDIT: Actually never do a OTA if you are unlocked and rooted.

That's a given. I was just going to download it and pull the update off the storage.

hazmad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ :

Quote:
Some content on your device may also be invalidated and cannot be accessed any more because of invalid DRM security keys. This includes content that you may have purchased through a 3rd party vendor and through HTC. Furthermore, although you will still be able to receive updates to your device via FOTA (“firmware over the air”), we do not guarantee that updating your device via FOTA will not render your device unusable. Please understand that you will not be able to return your device to the original state and going forward your device may not be held covered under the warranty for all claims resulting from the unlocking of the bootloader. HTC bears no responsibility if your device is no longer usable afterwards.

Ph33zy
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:

Not true.. Once you are S-OFF you stay S-OFF even after an HBOOT update. This is assuming that you are still using the stock odex ROM with stock recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ph33zy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schmeggy929
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 913

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
Not true.. Once you are S-OFF you stay S-OFF even after an HBOOT update. This is assuming that you are still using the stock odex ROM with stock recovery.
That's correct if you are already s-off, we usually don't get s-off so quickly. But if you didn't s-off and are unlocked, it might take a while to exploit the updated HBOOT.

Theme and skins for Sprint Evo 4G LTE: Kang Kong Red for Evo 4G LTE

Theme for Asus TF700T: Kang Kong Red for Asus TF700T

Success100
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Still stock. No update available yet. Hope it comes tomorrow or I have to return this baby even though I hate to because I love this phone almost as much as the g2

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
All Hail Success100...!!!

ALL IN YOUR CHROMOSOMES...ALL IN YO DROID DNA!!

"Originally Posted by ms79723
I like this dude right here. This dude is always right 100%. (.....). But this dude is the truth right here"