Post Reply

Update hitting today or tomorrow! 1.54

OP FlowingAway

8th April 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #21  
Rydah805's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,173
 
3,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniemayo

Do you have to have stock recovery to do this?

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

Yes

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rydah805 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #22  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,905
 
8,252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
@Rydah805 you gonna post firmware zips?
8th April 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 177
 
712 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah805

Yes

Sent From My HTC One (M8)

Can we not drop the zip on our sd cards and flash via TWRP?
8th April 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #24  
Rydah805's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,173
 
3,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

@Rydah805 you gonna post firmware zips?

I have it pulled out the ota right now. Will be home shortly. I sent capt. the OTA link, he usually handles firmware zips, we shall see.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rydah805 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #25  
eric00716's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Winder, GA
Thanks Meter: 51
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah805

I have it pulled out the ota right now. Will be home shortly. I sent capt. the OTA link, he usually handles firmware zips, we shall see.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)

-copy firmware.zip to your sdk folder
-boot into bootloader
-plug in usb
-select fastboot option (screen should say fastboot usb)
-type Fastboot oem rebootRUU
-when u see the black screen w/ HTC, type Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
-when it's done, type Fastboot reboot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7872b6qzyfgh8v/firmware.zip

Removed hboot and stock recovery[COLOR="Silver"]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktsrwo3kat...20recovery.zip

One with stock recovery(rename to firmware)

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric00716

-copy firmware.zip to your sdk folder
-boot into bootloader
-plug in usb
-select fastboot option (screen should say fastboot usb)
-type Fastboot oem rebootRUU
-when u see the black screen w/ HTC, type Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
-when it's done, type Fastboot reboot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7872b6qzyfgh8v/firmware.zip

Removed hboot and stock recovery

Tested myself working perfectly
Last edited by eric00716; 8th April 2014 at 06:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eric00716 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 06:01 AM   |  #26  
Rydah805's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,173
 
3,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Anybody who unlocked VIA HTC-Dev lost "/data/preload" to flash the OTA successfully after unlocking, follow these steps. (Make sure nothing else is missing from system or data, additions should be fine)

Pull the preload folder from the OTA zip, push it to "/data/" and set the folder permissions to: rwxrwx--x

Flash the stock recovery if you aren't running it. (Flash the firmware.zip, it includes the stock recovery, instructions are above.)

Now accept the OTA and enjoy.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
Last edited by Rydah805; 8th April 2014 at 06:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rydah805 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #27  
eric00716's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Winder, GA
Thanks Meter: 51
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah805

Anybody who unlocked VIA HTC-Dev lost "/data/preload" to flash the OTA successfully after unlocking, follow these steps. (Make sure nothing else is missing from system or data, additions should be fine)

Pull the preload folder from the OTA zip, push it to "/data/" and set the folder permissions to: rwxrwx--x

Flash the stock recovery if you aren't running it. (Flash the firmware.zip, it includes the stock recovery, instructions are above.)

Now accept the OTA and enjoy.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)

I'm gonna wait for stock rooted hopefully tomorrow fingers crossed. Thanks for grabbing OTA Rydah you the man.
The Following User Says Thank You to eric00716 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #28  
Rydah805's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,173
 
3,832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric00716

I'm gonna wait for stock rooted hopefully tomorrow fingers crossed. Thanks for grabbing OTA Rydah you the man.

Just trying to help, but thanks. 😊

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
8th April 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #29  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,905
 
8,252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
There is a new radio btw
8th April 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 192
 
750 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2006
More
I'm s-off and took the update. I forgot to make a note of what the previous software version was, but here is the new one.




Extreme Power Saver is now included. Not sure what else yet.

Last edited by Ph33zy; 8th April 2014 at 03:01 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint One (M8) General by ThreadRank