Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG On-Screen Phone

Tip us?

andygold
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default LG On-Screen Phone

I'm looking to try this software, but I've been unable to find it online. Our phone tells us where to locate it, but I don't seem to be able to find it.

Settings>PC Connection>Help (located at bottom of page).

Has anyone actually located it, and if so, would you please provide a link?

fryguy128
Old
Thanks Meter 25
When I connect via bluetooth to my laptop a dialer automatically comes up. Maybe that's what this setting is for.

Current Devices:
LG Optimus G Pro (LG-E980)
HP Touchpad (Tenderloin)

Previous Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-i777)
Pantech Burst (P9070)

andygold
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy128 View Post
When I connect via bluetooth to my laptop a dialer automatically comes up. Maybe that's what this setting is for.

Current Devices:
LG Optimus G Pro (LG-E980)
HP Touchpad (Tenderloin)

Previous Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-i777)
Pantech Burst (P9070)
I was under the impression that it would allow us to mimic the phone's screen on a desktop's display.

Timisone
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygold View Post
I was under the impression that it would allow us to mimic the phone's screen on a desktop's display.
Did you go into your phone setting under usb connection type and select pc software? Also did you install the lg drivers from there website?

andygold
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timisone View Post
Did you go into your phone setting under usb connection type and select pc software? Also did you install the lg drivers from there website?
Yes, ive downloaded the drivers, and im rooted.....
The thing is ive gone to LG's website, but i cannot locate the "On-Screen" software that is supposed to be there.

Timisone
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Yes, ive downloaded the drivers, and im rooted.....
The thing is ive gone to LG's website, but i cannot locate the "On-Screen" software that is supposed to be there.
When I installed, the phone had a message pop and said install PC software. I hit OK then a message to install PC software came up on my PC.

andygold
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
When I installed, the phone had a message pop and said install PC software. I hit OK then a message to install PC software came up on my PC.
I've installed "PC software" from LG's website, but I have not seen the actual "On-Screen Phone" software. I don't believe it downloaded along with the typical drivers. All it appeared to be is a USB driver, nothing else.

I cannot "remotely control my phone through PC via USB or Wi-Fi connection", as On-Screen Phone is supposed to allow me to do.

Can you control your phone via your PC, with the software that you installed from the message you received?

Timisone
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
I've installed "PC software" from LG's website, but I have not seen the actual "On-Screen Phone" software. I don't believe it downloaded along with the typical drivers. All it appeared to be is a USB driver, nothing else.

I cannot "remotely control my phone through PC via USB or Wi-Fi connection", as On-Screen Phone is supposed to allow me to do.

Can you control your phone via your PC, with the software that you installed from the message you received?
Yes I can the phone shows up just like it is on the phone. Did you change your pc connection to pc connection in settings? From there when you plug in the phone,

A message on the phone should say install pc programs.

After you hit ok, you should get a message on your pc it is a autoplay message and one of the options will say run lg pc program.exe click on that and the will install the pc lg on screen software.

andygold
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Yes I can the phone shows up just like it is on the phone. Did you change your pc connection to pc connection in settings? From there when you plug in the phone,

A message on the phone should say install pc programs.

After you hit ok, you should get a message on your pc it is a autoplay message and one of the options will say run lg pc program.exe click on that and the will install the pc lg on screen software.
Done all that. It says it is installing PC programs. Then the phone gives me the message that PC Programs are started. I get a popup on the PC giving me 4 options under "Portable Device" (Sansa Media Converter, open device to view files using IE, Sync digital media files to this device, & Take no action). None of these seems to be the proper one. On my PC, which is set to DL new files directly to the desktop, I see nothing new. Where on your PC did the file get stored?
I wonder if it is an autoplay issue. Having a senior moment right now and can't remember where the autoplay settings are. I'm looking in Control panel (Win XP SP3) but nothing coming to mind..

Timisone
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Done all that. It says it is installing PC programs. Then the phone gives me the message that PC Programs are started. I get a popup on the PC giving me 4 options under "Portable Device" (Sansa Media Converter, open device to view files using IE, Sync digital media files to this device, & Take no action). None of these seems to be the proper one. On my PC, which is set to DL new files directly to the desktop, I see nothing new. Where on your PC did the file get stored?
I wonder if it is an autoplay issue. Having a senior moment right now and can't remember where the autoplay settings are. I'm looking in Control panel (Win XP SP3) but nothing coming to mind..
Enable through Windows Explorer

Open My Computer or Explorer
Right-click the CD-ROM drive or other drive and click Properties.
Click the AutoPlay tab. Within this section you will be able to specify all Windows AutoPlay features.

The files are under program files\lg\ the files should be in there.