Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] Tab 2 10.1 P5113 won't boot to OS

OP pm2gonzales

3rd April 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

207 posts
More
I flashed stock 4.2.2 firmware through ODIN twice now. To make sure there was nothing wrong before. Right after flashing stock firmware, I installed PhilZ Touch 6.25.0 Recovery. In recovery, I tried installing several KitKat ROMs without incident (+gapps). But it never boots. The screen either powers off or boots to recovery. I've also tried using Dhollman KK kernel in case it was a kernel issue but that didn't work either. Not sure what's wrong.

I've tried both Philz 6.25.0 and CWM 6.0.4.7. Never any install errors, just doesn't boot. Stock firmware boots fine though.

EDIT: Even flashing stock firmware 4.2.2 (P5113UEUCMK3) through ODIN gets to bootloop at Samsung Logo now.

EDIT 2: So I can install recovery through ODIN, but installing ROMs does nothing. (Doesn't matter if it's 4.3 or 4.4. Stock frimware flashing through ODIN results in boot loop or boot to recovery as well.
Last edited by pm2gonzales; 4th April 2014 at 07:52 AM.
4th April 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm2gonzales

I flashed stock 4.2.2 firmware through ODIN twice now. To make sure there was nothing wrong before. Right after flashing stock firmware, I installed PhilZ Touch 6.25.0 Recovery. In recovery, I tried installing several KitKat ROMs without incident (+gapps). But it never boots. The screen either powers off or boots to recovery. I've also tried using Dhollman KK kernel in case it was a kernel issue but that didn't work either. Not sure what's wrong.

I've tried both Philz 6.25.0 and CWM 6.0.4.7. Never any install errors, just doesn't boot. Stock firmware boots fine though.

EDIT: Even flashing stock firmware 4.2.2 (P5113UEUCMK3) through ODIN gets to bootloop at Samsung Logo now.

EDIT 2: So I can install recovery through ODIN, but installing ROMs does nothing. (Doesn't matter if it's 4.3 or 4.4. Stock frimware flashing through ODIN results in boot loop or boot to recovery as well.

if you are having a bootloop after flashing stock rom 4.2.2 then no problem cos after that to boot up you have to boot into recovery and wipe cache partition and do a factory reset and after than when you will boot into system after few minutes you will boot into screen without any problem
The Following User Says Thank You to sharingan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

76 posts
try a clean install wipe data and cahe, cache partition, davilik cache and format system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread