[POLL] AOSP or GPE or Sense on the HTC One M8

OP krazie1

1st June 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,116

4,848 posts
Donate to Me
More
Which is your preference and why? I like sense 6 a lot but ventured out yesterday to AOSP and its really nice but its something about sense 6 that has me wanting to go back. I am going to test out GPE rom and see how I like it.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
Last edited by krazie1; 3rd October 2014 at 04:59 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krazie1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 183

754 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazie1

Which is your preference and why? I like sense 6 a lot but ventured out yesterday to PA and its really nice but its something about sense 6 that has me wanting to go back.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

In my opinion go with sense. I'm coming from a N5 and I buy the M8 not only for the build quality but also for the sense. If you wanted a stockish/pure android Rom why you didn't buy an Nexus devices.?

But at the end you can try both of them and then to decide.....(the nandroid buck up is our friend)

Tapatalked with my "refrigerator look" HTC one M8
2nd June 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,259

2,862 posts
I really like Aosp look and feel but I find sense 6 is really awesome and seems to run much smoother I just run Viper Rom remove sense as much as I can and use nova launcher and couldn't be happier plus on Aosp you lose features such as HK audio mod or boomsound and the cool features of sense camera. I'm also Leary of the encryption bug I have flashed a couple aosp roms but always revert back to Viper. Sense just seems more snappier to me

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag Boulder, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 21

142 posts
More
Converted to stock GPE and haven't looked back. Sense even though its much better now days is still quite ugly to my eyes and slowed me down with the many unnecessary tips tricks tutorials and so forth but also in general copying and pasting isn't as seamless and the list goes on.

Sent from M8 GPE
Last edited by OctoberNexus; 3rd June 2014 at 03:32 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OctoberNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #5  
Definitly Sense. Can't find the appeal in AOSP anymore. Perhaps I over flashed AOSP roms in my previous devices that the novelty is just gone.
Sense IMO has the cleanest UI out of all android phones and just as snappy as AOSP.
3rd June 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #6  
Flag Írebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 429

1,554 posts
More
Sense all the way. So tired of AOSP. It looks so boring too. All mixed up design language. Like their designer has split personalities.
3rd June 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 81

377 posts
I came from a Nexus 5 and I'm rocking the Sinless GPE ROM and I'm pretty happy with it.
BUT: i gotta say I miss a few things from sense a lot. The camera app being the most important one. Then the weather widget and small things like that. But for me GPE is less cluttered and more fluid than sense.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Radixtrator For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bristol, Scrumpy Country
Thanks Meter: 2,900

4,180 posts
Donate to Me
More
Defo sense!!!!

OP should make this thread a poll
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exocetdj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #9  
Flag Moving around in the ancient land
Thanks Meter: 289

734 posts
More
I bought GPE, so there is my preference. Love the epic battery life of close to 7 hours screen on almost every single charge cycle with heavy use.
For me, Sense was actually annoyance. Now that the core hardware features like dual camera functionality is not compromised, I prefer vanilla android even more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Funkym0nkey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,116

4,848 posts
Donate to Me
More
I added a Poll to the thread, I like ParanoidAndroid but went back to Sense 6 for now because the features are really nice

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread