Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot disable S Planner Notifications!

Tip us?

Oflife
Old
(Last edited by Oflife; 18th April 2014 at 09:59 AM.) Reason: Forgot to say thanks at the end
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Cannot disable S Planner Notifications!

Am using a UK Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Kitkat and the latest versions of all system and 3rd party apps.

I have Samsung's S Planner notifications switched OFF.

However, if I create an event with notifications using either Google Calendar and/or my preferred calendar, Business Calendar Pro, S Planner notifications still pop up/sound. IE, I get multiple notifications for the same event - very annoying!

Even if I FORCE STOP S Planner, it re-enables itself after phone sleep or reset and the notifications switch back on!

NOTE: The 'Show Notifications' checkbox in the 'App Info' dialog is ON but greyed out, so cannot be switched OFF.

Is this Samsung trying to force their apps on us or is it a bug?

Many thanks!

zeetherocker
Old
Thanks Meter 836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oflife View Post
Am using a UK Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Kitkat.

I have Samsung's S Planner notifications switched OFF.

However, if I create an event with notifications using either Google Calendar and/or my preferred calendar, Business Calendar Pro, S Planner notifications still pop up/sound. IE, I get multiple notifications for the same event - very annoying!

Even if I FORCE STOP S Planner, it re-enables itself after phone sleep or reset and the notifications switch back on!

Is this Samsung trying to force their apps on us or is it a bug?
Simplest way Open app info for S planner... See if the show notifications is highlighted... If yes then untick the option... It'll never show notifications again till you enable it back again...
---IF I HELPED THEN JUST PRESS THE DAMN BUTTON.. IT MAKES ME FEEL GUD---

Oflife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Alas, it is greyed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetherocker View Post
Simplest way Open app info for S planner... See if the show notifications is highlighted... If yes then untick the option... It'll never show notifications again till you enable it back again...
Hi, thanks, alas, the 'Show notifications' checkbox in the 'App info' area is greyed out, so I cannot switch if off. (It appears to be ON.) :P

zeetherocker
Old
Thanks Meter 836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi, thanks, alas, the 'Show notifications' checkbox in the 'App info' area is greyed out, so I cannot switch if off. (It appears to be ON.) :P
Are you rooted..??
And in app info just disable the app if you don't use it.!

Oflife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yup, I have disabled it, but...

Quote:
Quote:
Are you rooted..??
And in app info just disable the app if you don't use it.!
Not rooted, and yes, I have disabled the app using FORCE STOP. It re-enables itself. That is the problem.
(This problem is recent and since some software upgrades from Samsung, and possibly the Kitkat upgrade of a month or so ago.)

zeetherocker
Old
Thanks Meter 836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Not rooted, and yes, I have disabled the app using FORCE STOP. It re-enables itself. That is the problem.
(This problem is recent and since some software upgrades from Samsung, and possibly the Kitkat upgrade of a month or so ago.)
I'm not talking about force stop... I'm asking you to disable the app..!
You should have that option next to force stop...

Oflife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Both the 'Show notifications' and 'Disable' controls are greyed out.

Quote:
(As subject)

Oflife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks for your help! :)

Quote:
Am sure this is a Samsung issue, but many thanks for your help. I know that under normal circumstances, your tips would work, but there appears to be a major bug in S Planner or their underlying firmware. I have found other references to this problem online going back a few years, so it may be unique to specific combinations of Android version, device, apps etc.

I'll write to Samsung and see how good their tech support is!

zeetherocker
Old
Thanks Meter 836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Am sure this is a Samsung issue, but many thanks for your help. I know that under normal circumstances, your tips would work, but there appears to be a major bug in S Planner or their underlying firmware. I have found other references to this problem online going back a few years, so it may be unique to specific combinations of Android version, device, apps etc.

Personal experience : Their service isn't so good... :P
But anyways good luck

jool23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Hello,

I've got the same problem since the last Kitkat upgrade one month ago on my Galaxy S4.
I've tried lot of things but the S-Planner notification re-enable themselves after phone sleep or reset.
Did you get a chance to have some more informaiton from Samsung support?

Thanks