Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sold in Canada?

Tip us?

wliu88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Smile sold in Canada?

anyone knows when fire TV will be sold in Canada?

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,545

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wliu88 View Post
anyone knows when fire TV will be sold in Canada?
I would recommend taking a look at this article, I would imagine eventually it will be sold there through Amazon. One possible way around this is do you have any family or friends in the USA who would be willing to buy it and ship it to you? If that's not an option what you can do is use a service like this where you can buy the item on Amazon, ship it to them, and then they will forward it along to you in a couple days of shipping time.

kairnage
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
I would recommend taking a look at this article, I would imagine eventually it will be sold there through Amazon. One possible way around this is do you have any family or friends in the USA who would be willing to buy it and ship it to you? If that's not an option what you can do is use a service like this where you can buy the item on Amazon, ship it to them, and then they will forward it along to you in a couple days of shipping time.
I though some Canadian customers had reported getting 'content unavailable in your area" messages.

destinal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairnage View Post
I though some Canadian customers had reported getting 'content unavailable in your area" messages.
A US-based VPN service would be a good way around that.

Redth
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Honestly, I'd stay away from it for now.

I just got one (I'm Canadian), and I've setup a US based DNS that I use for Netflix, etc. on all my other devices and I still get content unavailable errors. I can't even *install* netflix without sideloading it right now.

This isn't ready to be used in Canada, go get an Android stick or a Google TV for now (I'm still using my Hisense Pulse's because the FireTV is so broken in Canada right now).

Luckily I had to get one for some development work so I'm not that disappointed, but don't buy this yet and expect it to work well in Canada, even with a US VPN/DNS...

HenryFord33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Do you think us canadians will get the firmware updates from Amazon with a canadian IP?