Post Reply

Did I...

OP H4rryTipp3r

8th April 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #1  
H4rryTipp3r's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 162
 
754 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
I'm pretty sure I hard bricked my S3. I go to turn it on and all it will do is vibrate once. I can't get into download, or recovery. Before that it would get stuck at the galaxy s3 boot image, and I could get into both download and recovery. I tried factory reset and what not and well now I'm here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #2  
joeyhdownsouth's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 174
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4rryTipp3r

I'm pretty sure I hard bricked my S3. I go to turn it on and all it will do is vibrate once. I can't get into download, or recovery. Before that it would get stuck at the galaxy s3 boot image, and I could get into both download and recovery. I tried factory reset and what not and well now I'm here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

USB jig or JTAG service, jig is not guaranteed to work. Have you tried this method HERE?

sent from my Gs3
Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 8th April 2014 at 07:59 PM.
8th April 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #3  
H4rryTipp3r's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 162
 
754 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Okay, how do I download to external SD? I got a new HTC One M8, and I can't seem to figure out how to download it directly to my SD card

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
9th April 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #4  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 28,179
 
15,455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4rryTipp3r

Okay, how do I download to external SD? I got a new HTC One M8, and I can't seem to figure out how to download it directly to my SD card

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just move it to your SD card after downloading

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #5  
H4rryTipp3r's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 162
 
754 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Just move it to your SD card after downloading

I tried that using ES File Explorer, but it won't work for some reason. Then I switched my download folder on Opera to my external SD, but now every time I try to download something using Opera it fails. So I switched it back to my internal downloads folder and it works again.... so idk what to do.... Are you still on the E4GT by the way?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
9th April 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #6  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 28,179
 
15,455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4rryTipp3r

I tried that using ES File Explorer, but it won't work for some reason. Then I switched my download folder on Opera to my external SD, but now every time I try to download something using Opera it fails. So I switched it back to my internal downloads folder and it works again.... so idk what to do.... Are you still on the E4GT by the way?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I still have it, but my main device is the S3, are you able to connect your phone to a PC? Just move the file to external SD from your PC.

12th April 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #7  
prboy1969's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 6,966
 
10,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4rryTipp3r

Okay, how do I download to external SD? I got a new HTC One M8, and I can't seem to figure out how to download it directly to my SD card

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

In the Browser settings it should give you the option to choose where the DL is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4rryTipp3r

I tried that using ES File Explorer, but it won't work for some reason. Then I switched my download folder on Opera to my external SD, but now every time I try to download something using Opera it fails. So I switched it back to my internal downloads folder and it works again.... so idk what to do.... Are you still on the E4GT by the way?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Did you give ES File Explorer Root privileges ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes