Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 49,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Amazon App store Crashing

Tip us?

obi1knobby
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Amazon App store Crashing

Good Evening All

I am after a bit of help/advice

Ok, I have a Kindle fire HD 7inch

I have [11/15] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL installed and gapps-jb-20130813-signed installed

I have no issues using any of the google apps all happy with that.

The issue i have is that when i download Amazon app store it downloads ok, it installs ok

But when i go to run the App it crashes every time no matter what

I have installed via email, downloaded from amazon, sideloaded, copied from computer to tablet via ES file explore
installed from drop box, all instales looked like they installed ok.

i have tried deleting the cache still no joy, i have deleted the KFHD from amazon still no joy

i can log into my amazon account via the WWWeb so my account works

I was wondering if i had missed somthing out or have not installed somthing i should have

thank you in advance

Paul

RedsonRising
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Having the same issue. Tried redownloading and that didn't help. Ended up browsing for an older version and that did work. Just don't update it when prompted or back to force close you go.

Seems to work fine on my S4,just not on Cm 10.2 for some reason.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

obi1knobby
Old
(Last edited by obi1knobby; 26th November 2013 at 05:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi

RedsonRising

thank you for your reply, it is just a pain in the a*se not been able to get it working

I have it working on my SIII and Tab II just not on CM10.2 (KFHD)

regards

Paul
The Following User Says Thank You to obi1knobby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi1knobby View Post
Hi

RedsonRising

thank you for your reply, it is just a pain in the a*se not been able to get it working

I have it working on my SIII and Tab II just not on CM10.2 (KFHD)

regards

Paul
Try downloading it from Amazon while on your tablet http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android If it does not work then I can upload the official Amazon APK I am using which is not the super new one. I have a habit about waiting to see how an updated app gets reviewed before updating and using Titanium to back up first just in case the update messes the app up.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM 11 KitKat 4.4 using xda app-developers
[ROOT] 2013 KFHD7 Soho firmware 11.x.x.x (no camera)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44736&page=101 If needed contact @GranPC for an updated Firerooter.
[Root] 2012 KFHD7 Tate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
2nd [Bootloader]/[TWRP] KFHD7 Tate
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
KFHD7 Tate System Restore Tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254

obi1knobby
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi

LinearEquation

tried that one also, logged into my account via internet on KFHD downloaded the app from the link installed ok
but still did not work crashed as soon as opened/started.

regards

Paul

Braves1995
Old
Thanks Meter 9
This seems to be an issue for everyone across the board using cyanogenmod. Do any devs know what's going on here? I currently can no longer get any version of the Amazon store back on mine, new or old. I took the version 7 update when I was prompted and it, of course, doesn't work. Well, I didn't have a backup of version 5 anywhere so I grabbed an apk of 5, tried to install that back, and it force closes as well. Sucks bad considering a few of the games I have installed require the Amazon store to run even if you've linked them to Google Play.

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves1995 View Post
This seems to be an issue for everyone across the board using cyanogenmod. Do any devs know what's going on here? I currently can no longer get any version of the Amazon store back on mine, new or old. I took the version 7 update when I was prompted and it, of course, doesn't work. Well, I didn't have a backup of version 5 anywhere so I grabbed an apk of 5, tried to install that back, and it force closes as well. Sucks bad considering a few of the games I have installed require the Amazon store to run even if you've linked them to Google Play.
I wiped the old data and updated to the new Amazon App and it FC. Flashed my nandroid with the previous version and no issues. This is not the first time the Amazon APK has gone haywire. I don't think it has anything to do with CM.

LinearEquation
Old
(Last edited by LinearEquation; 26th November 2013 at 09:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi1knobby View Post
Hi

LinearEquation

tried that one also, logged into my account via internet on KFHD downloaded the app from the link installed ok
but still did not work crashed as soon as opened/started.

regards

Paul
I downloaded the new Amazon APK and it does FC. Flashed a nandrod and have the last version and it works just fine. So I would remove the new Amazon APK and use SD maid or Titanium to wipe any old data too. Then you can try installing last version Amazon APK I uploaded to my drop box. This should fix the force closing issue. Make sure to reboot after installing if needed and uncheck Amazon apk in your sandbox if it's lit up so it can access your info.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82yxhbtbxq...ps-release.apk

You will see in the screen shot provided today's Amazon free app of the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-26-14-15-49.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	2416724  
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

obi1knobby
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Good Morning All

I have managed to sort it.

i had made a back before flashing using titanium and it looks like it kept the backup folder on the SD card

so i reinstaled titanium after flash and restored my amazon account rebooted and is now installed, i also

took off a couple of folders of apps that are no longer installed no program managed to show me these

anyway thank you for your help

regards

Paul

RedsonRising
Old
Thanks Meter 9
So if I am reading this correctly, you went back to an older version via restoring your backup?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app