[Root] WeakSauce APK - 1.0.1

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
WeakSauce and Firewater have been patched on the latest HTC builds, the current solution is SunShine http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792487

WeakSauce is an exploit for some HTC devices. It will not work on all HTC devices, if it crashes or doesn't make su available, then it isn't compatible at this time, and I have no interest in adding compatibilitiy. At the time of release, I confirmed that it was compatible with the HTC One m7 & m7 on Verizon. Those are the only two officially supported devices. Yes it will work on other phones, and is worth a try. It will also crash on many, and some it will appear to work and won't. I am not fixing this at this time.

Since this app is just so easy to use, and I am tired of off topic posts, I am closing the thread. If you can not figure out how to use it, ask elsewhere.

This app may not be redistributed, integrated in a toolkit or script, or sold in any way.

It gains root, mounts a new xbin containing busybox, and su. While it is designed for the Verizon HTC One m7 and m8, it will work on other HTC devices as well. It is a crapshoot depending on both model, and sometimes on firmware version. This exploit will re-root your device each boot. You only have write access to /system/xbin with this exploit.
Donations for this project can be sent to -> HTCWeakSauce@gmail.com

Credits:
vuln - jcase
exploit - jcase & beaups
icon - mattlgroff
Dr_Drache - lots of testing

Installation:
Install the WeakSauce app, run it hit agree.
Then install SuperSu from the market https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu
On boot (well about 30 seconds after full boot), WeakSauce will re-root your device.

Unroot:
Uninstall app, uninstall SuperSu do a hard reboot (adb reboot)

Update:
Uninstall app, Uninstall SuperSu, do a hard reboot (adb reboot), reinstall app, re-root, reinstall SuperSu app.

Trouble shooting:
Uninstall WeakSauce
Uninstall SuperSu app
do a hard reboot (adb reboot)
reinstall WeakSauce
re run WeakSauce
reinstall SuperSu app
then ask for help on XDA (This means don't email me for help on this topic).

ChangeLog
Fixed supersu updating
Updated supersu su binary
Fixed replacing xbin at boot
Added more compatibility for older models

S-Off:
Gain root with weaksauce
use firewater (http://firewater-soff.com/)
uninstall weaksauce
flash custom recovery
flash supersu or superuser

This app may not be redistributed, integerated in a toolkil or script, or sold in any way.

Attachments

• WeakSauce-1.0.1.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 7,140
Last edited:

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks my man it worked I'm back in business good looking though...

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for testing it out....sorta thought it would work ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

WeakSauce is an exploit for some HTC devices. It gains root, mounts a new xbin containing busybox, and su. While it is designed for the Verizon HTC One m7 and m8, it will work on other HTC devices as well. It is a crapshoot depending on both model, and sometimes on firmware version. This exploit will re-root your device each boot. You only have write access to /system/xbin with this exploit.

Credits:
vuln - jcase
exploit - jcase & beaups
icon - mattlgroff

Installation:
Then install SuperSu from the market https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu
On boot (well about 30 seconds after full boot), WeakSauce will re-root your device.

Unroot:

Update:
Uninstall app, Uninstall SuperSu, do a hard reboot (adb reboot), reinstall app, re-root, reinstall SuperSu app.

Trouble shooting:
Uninstall WeakSauce
Uninstall SuperSu app
reinstall WeakSauce
re run WeakSauce
reinstall SuperSu app

ChangeLog
Fixed supersu updating

S-Off:
Gain root with weaksauce
uninstall weaksauce
flash custom recovery

This app may not be redistributed, integerated in a toolkil or script, or sold in any way.

And thank you guys very much for the support. We appreciate it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

enettrek

Mar 18, 2010
Not working with new sprint htc one max.

I installed and ran. Got the ol' "unfortunately, weaksauce has stopped" error..
Have newest Hboot right out of the box.
Tried reinstalling it.

Sprint HTC One Max: I have hboot 2.46 with 1.35.50.1106 radio
OS-1.16.651.4
Date Nov 6 2013

Last edited:

ferdie553

May 4, 2010
Tried reinstalling it.

same on mine i have international version... i have HTC ONE MAX international edition updated to latest 4.4.2 by OTA . fc when trying to agree with the terms.

Last edited:

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
As the op says it is a crapshoot and mainly Verizon. It you want to post about how it doesn't work, then at least post what model and firmware so the thread doesn't get flooded with me too posts

Tried reinstalling it.

same on mine i have international version...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bryanfritz1

Mar 23, 2009
Sycamore
I'm on stock verizon, ran this app, now I'm rooted. Easy as eating pie, titanium backup really slows this beast down tho. Mad props dude.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app

kinda weird all these toolboxes worked before, now its just sunshine pay unlock, rumrunner no longer is functional, squabbis don't seem to work, 2.0 or 1.1 and pwn stars uses mainly htcdev for the bootloader but blocks the Verizon variant possibly others. I give up its down the road with the htc max nexus 6p and the NRT works the best ive seen from a dev. All you guys are some seriously smart people and much respect.

Mikeymik

Dec 3, 2016
Ok I have a unlocked bootloader from HTC dev and that's it does any of your files come with bootloader unlocking that I will redo the stuff I'm already doing on my phone and cause stuff to mess up? Because I can follow directions on your instructions by my self I just want to know am I good so far??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WeakSauce and Firewater have been patched on the latest HTC builds, the current solution is SunShine http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792487

WeakSauce is an exploit for some HTC devices. It will not work on all HTC devices, if it crashes or doesn't make su available, then it isn't compatible at this time, and I have no interest in adding compatibilitiy. At the time of release, I confirmed that it was compatible with the HTC One m7 & m7 on Verizon. Those are the only two officially supported devices. Yes it will work on other phones, and is worth a try. It will also crash on many, and some it will appear to work and won't. I am not fixing this at this time.

Since this app is just so easy to use, and I am tired of off topic posts, I am closing the thread. If you can not figure out how to use it, ask elsewhere.

This app may not be redistributed, integrated in a toolkit or script, or sold in any way.

It gains root, mounts a new xbin containing busybox, and su. While it is designed for the Verizon HTC One m7 and m8, it will work on other HTC devices as well. It is a crapshoot depending on both model, and sometimes on firmware version. This exploit will re-root your device each boot. You only have write access to /system/xbin with this exploit.

Credits:
    vuln - jcase
    exploit - jcase & beaups
    icon - mattlgroff

Installation:

Unroot:

Update:

Trouble shooting:
    Uninstall WeakSauce
    Uninstall SuperSu app
    reinstall WeakSauce
    re run WeakSauce
    reinstall SuperSu app

ChangeLog
    Fixed supersu updating

S-Off:
    Gain root with weaksauce
    uninstall weaksauce
    flash custom recovery

As the op says it is a crapshoot and mainly Verizon. It you want to post about how it doesn't work, then at least post what model and firmware so the thread doesn't get flooded with me too posts

Tried reinstalling it.

same on mine i have international version...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @jcase I ran sunshine successfully on my HTC one max but how do I obtain root afterwards?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Flash twrp via fastboot then supersu