Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Unhappy Wireless Charging Battery Cover is Thicker ?

OP fibreoptix

29th April 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2005
Hi on my note 3 I decided to be clever and purchase a wireless rear battery cover ... you know not the stick on QI charging sticker that goes onto the battery but the expensive complete replacement cover that replaces the battery cover and adds wireless charging toi the note 3
Well ... just for the record it is THICKER than a normal battery cover so you cant fit the note into a case OTTERBOX Defender in my example
just thought this should be on record ... so the advice is to save money and get the cheapers internal stick on QI receiver and not the replacement rear cover

hopes this is of use and save somebody cash and problems when fitting the note 3 into a protective case if its got the charging battery cover
29th April 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
The best way to save cash is just buy one wireless card. more cheap and no additional thicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibreoptix

Hi on my note 3 I decided to be clever and purchase a wireless rear battery cover ... you know not the stick on QI charging sticker that goes onto the battery but the expensive complete replacement cover that replaces the battery cover and adds wireless charging toi the note 3
Well ... just for the record it is THICKER than a normal battery cover so you cant fit the note into a case OTTERBOX Defender in my example
just thought this should be on record ... so the advice is to save money and get the cheapers internal stick on QI receiver and not the replacement rear cover

hopes this is of use and save somebody cash and problems when fitting the note 3 into a protective case if its got the charging battery cover

29th April 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #3  
xdm9mm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
This one is cheap and it works.... and you use the original back cover, so you can use a normal case. Please be advised that is creates just a little bump just below the camera.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdm9mm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm

This one is cheap and it works.... and you use the original back cover, so you can use a normal case. Please be advised that is creates just a little bump just below the camera.

Have you read anywhere that indicates a slim case still works? I have the Incipio case on it and don't want to lose its use but want the wireless charging. Thanks.
29th April 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #5  
xdm9mm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rndchef

Have you read anywhere that indicates a slim case still works? I have the Incipio case on it and don't want to lose its use but want the wireless charging. Thanks.

It should fit because the bump is not that big [though you better do some research first] . I used a UAG navigator on mine and that case was a tight fitting case and it still fit.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdm9mm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #6  
Greatness83's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *215* Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 72
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm

This one is cheap and it works.... and you use the original back cover, so you can use a normal case. Please be advised that is creates just a little bump just below the camera.



i wonder if this works works the otterbox case
30th April 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #7  
xdm9mm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness83

i wonder if this works works the otterbox case

try folding a piece of paper to .5mm thickness, maybe half inch square and put it inside your phone on the upper part of the Note 3's battery, put back cover on, then try the otterbox case.....

look in post no. 1996 of this thread so you have an idea how the receiver looks like.

goodluck
Last edited by xdm9mm; 30th April 2014 at 12:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdm9mm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #8  
ronnie498's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,433
 
3,937 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Mod Edit

Thread Closed

Please see Wireless charging on the Note3? thread already started on this.

thank you

ronnie498
Forum moderator

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes