Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless Charging Battery Cover is Thicker ?

Tip us?

fibreoptix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy Wireless Charging Battery Cover is Thicker ?

Hi on my note 3 I decided to be clever and purchase a wireless rear battery cover ... you know not the stick on QI charging sticker that goes onto the battery but the expensive complete replacement cover that replaces the battery cover and adds wireless charging toi the note 3
Well ... just for the record it is THICKER than a normal battery cover so you cant fit the note into a case OTTERBOX Defender in my example
just thought this should be on record ... so the advice is to save money and get the cheapers internal stick on QI receiver and not the replacement rear cover

hopes this is of use and save somebody cash and problems when fitting the note 3 into a protective case if its got the charging battery cover

cooling2014
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The best way to save cash is just buy one wireless card. more cheap and no additional thicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibreoptix View Post
Hi on my note 3 I decided to be clever and purchase a wireless rear battery cover ... you know not the stick on QI charging sticker that goes onto the battery but the expensive complete replacement cover that replaces the battery cover and adds wireless charging toi the note 3
Well ... just for the record it is THICKER than a normal battery cover so you cant fit the note into a case OTTERBOX Defender in my example
just thought this should be on record ... so the advice is to save money and get the cheapers internal stick on QI receiver and not the replacement rear cover

hopes this is of use and save somebody cash and problems when fitting the note 3 into a protective case if its got the charging battery cover

xdm9mm
Old
Thanks Meter 54
This one is cheap and it works.... and you use the original back cover, so you can use a normal case. Please be advised that is creates just a little bump just below the camera.
S4 LTE (M919) Stock 4.4.2

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Note 3 Stock ROOTED TW 4.4.2 (XXUEND5) -returned for faulty screen /// N900T - returned for faulty screen and buzzing speaker.

Note 2 - Sold

S4 - FNB8 Stock rooted

S3 - TW 4.3 Stock rooted (Still awesome phone)
The Following User Says Thank You to xdm9mm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rndchef
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
This one is cheap and it works.... and you use the original back cover, so you can use a normal case. Please be advised that is creates just a little bump just below the camera.
Have you read anywhere that indicates a slim case still works? I have the Incipio case on it and don't want to lose its use but want the wireless charging. Thanks.

xdm9mm
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by rndchef View Post
Have you read anywhere that indicates a slim case still works? I have the Incipio case on it and don't want to lose its use but want the wireless charging. Thanks.
It should fit because the bump is not that big [though you better do some research first] . I used a UAG navigator on mine and that case was a tight fitting case and it still fit.

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Note 3 Stock ROOTED TW 4.4.2 (XXUEND5) -returned for faulty screen /// N900T - returned for faulty screen and buzzing speaker.

Note 2 - Sold

S4 - FNB8 Stock rooted

The Following User Says Thank You to xdm9mm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Greatness83
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post

i wonder if this works works the otterbox case

xdm9mm
Old
(Last edited by xdm9mm; 29th April 2014 at 11:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness83 View Post
i wonder if this works works the otterbox case
try folding a piece of paper to .5mm thickness, maybe half inch square and put it inside your phone on the upper part of the Note 3's battery, put back cover on, then try the otterbox case.....

look in post no. 1996 of this thread so you have an idea how the receiver looks like.

goodluck

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Note 2 - Sold

S4 - FNB8 Stock rooted

ronnie498
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,233
Mod Edit

Thread Closed

Please see Wireless charging on the Note3? thread already started on this.

thank you

ronnie498
Forum moderator

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe