Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WatchESPN App

Tip us?

jasonsplace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default WatchESPN App

Is it possible to get a backup of the WatchESPN app? I've gone through the System Dump and don't see any of the streaming apps. I'd like to sideload it onto a Vizio Co-Star to see if it will work.

tarvoke
Old
Thanks Meter 23
it's already in the amazon app store for free

or you can always try something like: http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/?id=air.WatchESPN

jasonsplace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I've tried that version of the app but it needs to launch in Portrait mode (even on a tablet where it is being used in landscape mode). This causes it to crash on a TV that doesn't support Portrait mode. I'm guessing that the app on the Fire TV is different.

sethlo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yes please could some one skilled in these matters post the fire watch espn apk for us forgotten gtv users?

Luxferro
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethlo View Post
Yes please could some one skilled in these matters post the fire watch espn apk for us forgotten gtv users?
here ya go, pulled from my fire tv http://d-h.st/lEF
The Following User Says Thank You to Luxferro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

@Bill_Dollar
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I couldn't get it to work when I tried earlier. Amazon authenticates your cable provider with a code that doesn't show up on non Fire TV devices.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Luxferro
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Bill_Dollar View Post
I couldn't get it to work when I tried earlier. Amazon authenticates your cable provider with a code that doesn't show up on non Fire TV devices.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It doesn't even work on my fire TV.. I get a loading circle forever in the middle of the screen when trying to view the live stuff.

Abrasher
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This version only offers 8 or 9 providers. I, for example, can login and use the regular android app.... But my cable provider isn't offered in the fire TV version.

jasonsplace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for posting it. I tried it out but it couldn't install on the Co-Star. It said there was a problem parsing the package.

ombheembush
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I was able to install on LG Google TV, was able to login to my provider Comcast, but when I try to play the video, "it loads, shows an error popop" and goes back to ESPN app screen. Looks like there is some other pre-requisite to play the watch espn app on Google TV.