Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ES file explorer hidden files

Tip us?

cdsn99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ES file explorer hidden files

Hi all, I have ES file explorer install on the FTV. When I tried to browse to the xbmc folders that contain the addons, user data, etc, I am unable to view these folders, its as if they are hidden. When i try to choose the option in es file explorer to show hidden files, the option will not turn on. Any suggestions? Thanks

kairnage
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsn99 View Post
Hi all, I have ES file explorer install on the FTV. When I tried to browse to the xbmc folders that contain the addons, user data, etc, I am unable to view these folders, its as if they are hidden. When i try to choose the option in es file explorer to show hidden files, the option will not turn on. Any suggestions? Thanks

it's because you don't have root. Some systems will let you browse them without, the FTV doesn't.

cdsn99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply, I was suspecting that but wasn't sure. Hopefully root will come soon.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

tarvoke
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default works for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsn99 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I was suspecting that but wasn't sure. Hopefully root will come soon.
it works fine for me without root. this is with v3.1.1 if that makes any difference. but hidden files (basically dotfiles) are completely unrelated to root.

in ES if you open the Tools menu on the left hand side, scroll down. there is a setting for root explorer and there is a setting for hidden files. for some reason if you highlight any of those settings with the remote or a controller and press "ok"/"A-button"/etc., nothing happens. sort of annoying.
so highlight the hidden files line and you have to mouse click it. it will change from grey/OFF to blue/ON.

OR

the exact same setting is in the generic settings of the app, under the very first subsection "Display"
it's the very first setting under Display, and is a checkbox.
the "ok"/"A-button"/etc. *does* work here and the checkbox will be checked. and if you look back in the Tools on the main screen, you'll see that the button changed to blue/ON. like I said it's the same setting. just irritating the mainpage one seems to only work with mouse click.
KFTV: The Quest for Kindle, OUYA (kitkat!), GOGHVMU (titanium-froze 200+ apks. much better now), Qualcomm GSP 1600 (Global*Star LEO)

cdsn99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Great tip, thanks so much for the info, works great

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk