Stuck on boot (soft-bricked?)

Search This thread

darkshadw

Nov 3, 2009
Hello there,

So I've tried to put Android on my HTC HD2, but now it wont boot anymore. When I try to run CustomRUU, I get error: 270. (Yes, I've installed the HSPL 2.08 thingy) Now when I boot my phone, all I see is a white screen (infinite loop). I've also tried to wipe my phone with the power button up and down pressed while my phone is powering on, this seems to work, but when it's finished, all I see is the HTC logo with a yellow-ish background.

I would be very happy if someone could help me and knows a solution to this problem.

Sapphire~

ya5

Jun 10, 2010
Gorzów Wielkopolski
little help

Hello there,

So I've tried to put Android on my HTC HD2, but now it wont boot anymore. When I try to run CustomRUU, I get error: 270. (Yes, I've installed the HSPL 2.08 thingy) Now when I boot my phone, all I see is a white screen (infinite loop). I've also tried to wipe my phone with the power button up and down pressed while my phone is powering on, this seems to work, but when it's finished, all I see is the HTC logo with a yellow-ish background.

I would be very happy if someone could help me and knows a solution to this problem.

Sapphire~

use HD2 TOOLKIT 4.2 or 4.3.1
boot the phone to bootloader [ the tri-color screen ] power + volume down ]
run task29
run bootloader again
load CLK or magldr
run bootloader again
load Leo_Radio_2.15.50.14

IF CLK
during boot hold power key+ the back arrow key

IF MAGLDR
it will autoboot to magldr menu

Choose the rom you want, read instructions how to install it.

darkshadw

Nov 3, 2009
use HD2 TOOLKIT 4.2 or 4.3.1
boot the phone to bootloader [ the tri-color screen ] power + volume down ]
run task29
run bootloader again
load CLK or magldr
run bootloader again
load Leo_Radio_2.15.50.14

IF CLK
during boot hold power key+ the back arrow key

IF MAGLDR
it will autoboot to magldr menu

Choose the rom you want, read instructions how to install it.

Thanks for your reply, but the only result I get are errors :(. I followed your steps exactly, here are some screenshots of what happens

822Nt

822NK

822NQ

822NX

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I remember to had this error and you doing something wrong, now I forgot, BTW, did you installed the Radio 2.15 after Cotulla HSPL4?

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I am not able to due to these errors.

Is not be "able", is something what you forgot to do. It can be even a problem with your USB which you don't know to have, which it not mean is not working properly but in some circumstances like flashing HD2 can get errors. I had those a lot and when I learned I rid of them all but at the moment I don't have mine HD2 to test it again. I already posted all the tools and guide here, if I find it, I will post it for you. BTW, I will recommend to use separate tools for each flash. I don't like the Toolkits.

darkshadw

Nov 3, 2009
Is not be "able", is something what you forgot to do. It can be even a problem with your USB which you don't know to have, which it not mean is not working properly but in some circumstances like flashing HD2 can get errors. I had those a lot and when I learned I rid of them all but at the moment I don't have mine HD2 to test it again. I already posted all the tools and guide here, if I find it, I will post it for you. BTW, I will recommend to use separate tools for each flash. I don't like the Toolkits.

Thanks, I did use seperate tools before I started this thread. Also, the USB is in a good state afaik, I've used it to root my HTC Wildfire and my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Using power & volume button
> While phone is Off: Hold Volume down & press power button
can you get to bootloader if so post details of bootloader information exactly as you see them

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
This is the screen I get:
82e7s.jpg
I would suggest using a 2 or 4gb memory card & try flashing a custom ROM & radio from sd card via this bootloader.
sd flashing tutorial here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=681317
Use only a custom rom such as linked below along with radio link. Doing with custom ROM has no SPL so you will retain the HSPL & have no issues with CID errors.
Custom ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bhh47jlowm9zph6/Energy.Leo.23699.Sense2.5.Reference.Nov.24.7z
Radio: http://htcfanboys.com/download/joplayer/files/HTC HD2/Radios/Radio Leo 2.15.50.14.rar
The versions above are safe flash on any HD2 variant
Try flashing radio first then rom, if fails flash rom then radio, if suceeds it may resolve the mess you in now & allow easier further flash (after testing device stable) to your required ROM
if fails you could try an original rom via SD if you now what CID version it should be but you will loose HSPL with original rom & sd flash as first flash stage is the SPL & be extra careful if have the USA T-Mobile HD2 as wrong rom radio versions can brick it. Read HD2 wiki for more info:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_HD2

darkshadw

Nov 3, 2009
I would suggest using a 2 or 4gb memory card & try flashing a custom ROM & radio from sd card via this bootloader.
sd flashing tutorial here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=681317
Use only a custom rom such as linked below along with radio link. Doing with custom ROM has no SPL so you will retain the HSPL & have no issues with CID errors.
Custom ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bhh47jlowm9zph6/Energy.Leo.23699.Sense2.5.Reference.Nov.24.7z
Radio: http://htcfanboys.com/download/joplayer/files/HTC HD2/Radios/Radio Leo 2.15.50.14.rar
The versions above are safe flash on any HD2 variant
Try flashing radio first then rom, if fails flash rom then radio, if suceeds it may resolve the mess you in now & allow easier further flash (after testing device stable) to your required ROM
if fails you could try an original rom via SD if you now what CID version it should be but you will loose HSPL with original rom & sd flash as first flash stage is the SPL & be extra careful if have the USA T-Mobile HD2 as wrong rom radio versions can brick it. Read HD2 wiki for more info:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_HD2

Help, The instructions for flashing via MicroSD doesn't work for me. They say I have to boot to the bootloader until a 'searching' thingy comes up, but it doesn't. Any idea? I'm starting to get affraid it's broken ;~;, please help me :(

EDIT: I can see the searching thingy flash by real fast! I see it for maybe 50ms and after that it just goes back to the bootloader again... Any idea :/?
EDIT2: Okai.. .I've figured out why that happend, apparently, the SD card isn't supported or something like that (yes it's formatted in FAT32 format). But do I have to flash the radio also via sd? Because It says it failed in red letters.

Last edited:

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
try another sd and format it, be sure rename the file correctly or it will not work. If Rom flashes but radio will not try another radio version such as 2.12.50.02_2 (in my sig below), you can also try booting and see what happens & even retry usb flashing for the radio or even a complete original rom .

Last edited:

darkshadw

Nov 3, 2009
try another sd and format it, be sure rename the file correctly or it will not work. If Rom flashes but radio will not try another radio version such as 2.12.50.02_2 (in my sig below), you can also try booting and see what happens & even retry usb flashing for the radio or even a complete original rom .

I get this now...? It will just reboot if I leave it like this for a few minutes...

83NnL.jpg

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Well ...

I get this now...? It will just reboot if I leave it like this for a few minutes...

83NnL.jpg
Dear friend ... I had such problem before ... but when I tried with HD2Toolkit and Windows XP , The Serial Changed into USB ... you know ? maybe related to the drivers ... I just recommend you to try with Windows XP ... Good Luck

With best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Mmm not looking too promising, I would suggest first off fully charging & then putting in a clear zip lock or seal bag & putting in fridge to let cool for an hour or a freezer for 15 minutes then remove & pop rear cover & reset device using the reset pin pressed & kept pressed till device vibrates then watch boot process & see if proceeds further/fully.
You could also try flashing via cable again & do so using files in my links & see if get any better results & perhaps try an original complete ROM (loads of links in HD2 Wiki) via USB flash & also by SD if you know what country & vendor your device was .