Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

All things ME7 discussion here

Tip us?

Naddict
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13,802
Default All things ME7 discussion here

As there are multiple posts/thread about ME7 issues and challenges, going to make this here thread the general clearing house for this topic.

Let's use this thread for discussion and not make any more general threads on this topic, OK?

now, here are two links to two recent threads, Have since closed them, but referencing them for information and discussion here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417567

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417291

All XDA posting rules apply...

Let's solve this riddle, shall we?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

godssyntaxerror
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What's the outlook? Any updates on whether or not it will happen? I just got a 32gb s4 from big red, with me7 naturally, and am now strongly considering leaving for T Mobile even though getting a 32gb for them sounds like a pain.

Cares
Old
(Last edited by Cares; 24th August 2013 at 12:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 134
Default All things ME7 discussion here

I just went to 5 different retailers hunting for an MD phone and no one has one to my dismay. Maybe I should just settle for the HTC One if both of my options are locked devices.

jd07bos
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares View Post
I just went to 5 different retailers hunting for an MD phone and no one has one to my dismay. Maybe I should just settle for the HTC One if both of my options are locked devices.
Picked up my gs4 recently, wish I still had my note 2 :banghead:

Sent from my still locked down bootloader Galaxy S4 on Verizon
MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST

SpookySager
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The last real update I saw was in the Bounty Discussion thread where Obsidian sent the ME7 boot img to hashcode so I don't know if they are working on something or not. Maybe one of them can chime in and offer an update or give us some hope. Thanks to all those working on this!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

th3drow
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Have there been any phones that have came out thus far that haven't been able to be rooted? Seems like people easily got around every attempt to lock down android thus far so my hopes are high for this. However it does seem like a long time has passed with quite the sum of money at hand.
Device history as best remembered:Samsung GS3-Blackberry Q10-Samsung GS4--Lumia 928-- Razr M-- LG Lucid 2-- Lumia 822-- Razr HD Maxx-- Blackberry Bold 9930-- LG Optimus G-- Galaxy Victory--Galaxy S3-- Evo 4g LTE-- Galaxy Nexus-- Evo 3d-- Nexus S-- Galaxy S2-- Iphone 4s-- Iphone 4--Droid 3-- Droid X-- Palm Pre 2-- Wildfire S-- HTC G2-- Mytouch 4g-- Droid 2-- Droid X-- Palm Pre--Droid Incredible-- HTC G1. Also: Galaxy Tab 2-- Nexus 7-- Sony Xperia Tablet

Southern_mind
Old
(Last edited by Southern_mind; 24th August 2013 at 05:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 224

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3drow View Post
Have there been any phones that have came out thus far that haven't been able to be rooted? Seems like people easily got around every attempt to lock down android thus far so my hopes are high for this. However it does seem like a long time has passed with quite the sum of money at hand.
Phone is rooted just not with recovery or any kind of emploit on the bootloader.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

th3drow
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativi View Post
Phone is rooted just not worth recovery or any kind of emploit on the bootloader.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
err ya my bad I meant bootloader/recovery cracked. I know they had to safestrap the razr line but I think eventually they even cracked that. And even so anything to install custom roms would be great even if safestrap type solutions are kind of annoying to use.
Device history as best remembered:Samsung GS3-Blackberry Q10-Samsung GS4--Lumia 928-- Razr M-- LG Lucid 2-- Lumia 822-- Razr HD Maxx-- Blackberry Bold 9930-- LG Optimus G-- Galaxy Victory--Galaxy S3-- Evo 4g LTE-- Galaxy Nexus-- Evo 3d-- Nexus S-- Galaxy S2-- Iphone 4s-- Iphone 4--Droid 3-- Droid X-- Palm Pre 2-- Wildfire S-- HTC G2-- Mytouch 4g-- Droid 2-- Droid X-- Palm Pre--Droid Incredible-- HTC G1. Also: Galaxy Tab 2-- Nexus 7-- Sony Xperia Tablet

jcwilliams
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I hope they get a recovery for us soon. I'm getting bord with this phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcwilliams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jd07bos
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwilliams View Post
I hope they get a recovery for us soon. I'm getting bord with this phone.
Ditto I need some flashing action

Sent from my still locked down bootloader Galaxy S4 on Verizon
MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST