Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any way for hdmi??

Tip us?

nitish159
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Any way for hdmi??

I have seen apps that can help you stream music and video files over wifi, any possible way to view moto g's screen on a bigger screen (a pc or tv), like devices that can do it simply with an hdmi cable? Any possible way? I had an app that could show my phone's display on pc but that was too slow.

liveroy
Old
(Last edited by liveroy; 7th April 2014 at 04:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish159 View Post
I have seen apps that can help you stream music and video files over wifi, any possible way to view moto g's screen on a bigger screen (a pc or tv), like devices that can do it simply with an hdmi cable? Any possible way? I had an app that could show my phone's display on pc but that was too slow.
Not possible, sorry.Moto G does not support MHL nor native HDMI, therefore no way to do that for the moment.

On the other hand Moto G (on 4.4.2) supports Miracast, get that, works fine (Display -> Cast Screen)
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

nitish159
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy View Post
Not possible, sorry.Moto G does not support MHL nor native HDMI, therefore no way to do that for the moment.

On the other hand Moto G (on 4.4.2) supports Miracast, get that, works fine (Display -> Cast Screen)
I want my games on a big screen, I know chromecast is just for a few apps, would miracast do the job? Can't there be an app like my screen is played on a big screen over wifi?

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish159 View Post
I want my games on a big screen, I know chromecast is just for a few apps, would miracast do the job? Can't there be an app like my screen is played on a big screen over wifi?
Uh, forget Chromecast, it's very limited.

Miracast works via Wi-Fi direct, without any 3rd party soft in between.But paying games over it may prove to be a pain in the bus, cos it has certain delay (anything above 100ms can be felt).
I've seen Asus advertising a Miracast dongle, where they say it can play games with no delay, cos it being dual-band bla bla bla, but I've never seen it in real, so no idea about it really.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.