Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,373 Members 47,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kk 4.4.2 uk 20b bugs

Tip us?

redhk886
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Kk 4.4.2 uk 20b bugs

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

redhk886
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Updated yesterday,found a few bugs already.hopefully,someone can help resolve.

1) screen keeps flashing when keyboard is active.
SOLVED : changed keyboard theme and problem is gone.maybe a bug in default theme.

2) music playback skips / jerks for a split second,not all the time,just every once in a while.i am using jetaudio.this never happened on stock 4.2.2

3)touch screen not as responsive.sometimes have to touch a few times.was working perfectly on 4.2.2. There is an app to fine tune screen which i used for my old galaxy tab,cant remember what it was called.

4)battery drain still a big problem.i had same problem with 4.2.2 maybe i have a dodgy pad.anyone notice an improvement in the battery on 4.4.2

Thats all i found so far,pls post if anyone finds anymore.

Subtleone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhk886 View Post
Updated yesterday,found a few bugs already.hopefully,someone can help resolve.

1) screen keeps flashing when keyboard is active.
SOLVED : changed keyboard theme and problem is gone.maybe a bug in default theme.

2) music playback skips / jerks for a split second,not all the time,just every once in a while.i am using jetaudio.this never happened on stock 4.2.2

3)touch screen not as responsive.sometimes have to touch a few times.was working perfectly on 4.2.2. There is an app to fine tune screen which i used for my old galaxy tab,cant remember what it was called.

4)battery drain still a big problem.i had same problem with 4.2.2 maybe i have a dodgy pad.anyone notice an improvement in the battery on 4.4.2

Thats all i found so far,pls post if anyone finds anymore.
What kind of battery drain?
Phone - LG G2

ROM - OptimusRs Pro 2 Rom For LG G2 V4.3

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

ROM - V50018a (leaked KitKat) with improved gamma values

redhk886
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
10% in under 20 mins,just internet and music.all background stuff off,sync,location,update,notifications.

ukzen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhk886 View Post
10% in under 20 mins,just internet and music.all background stuff off,sync,location,update,notifications.

Same here ,updated last night.
I had the screen flash but only when keyboard was used in conjunction with internet,using memo pad for instance it did not flash.
I use Poweramp and music is jumpy and has the static hissing noise that others with a Lg G2 have experienced,funnily enough not so bad with default music player,so could be a compatibility issue with Kitkat.
Touch screen ok for sensitivity ,but i have had a few crackles of static occasionally when touching the screen after a break ,watching a video for instance.
Battery drain is the same as yours ,but was with Jellybean also.
All in all don't know why i bothered so far no pluses at all just drawbacks

redhk886
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It is much more snappier,feels more smoother.will try another music player.might also try dyn kernel ,if compatible.

Subtleone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I did some testing with the leaked 018a KitKat I am using.

First of all, I experienced no static or sound issues such as the LG G2 headphone bug (BTW, the G2 ROM in my sig has no such issue). I also have PowerAmp, and checked with both loudspeakers and my G2 stock headphones.

I also checked the video, using a 1080p copy of Avatar played on BS Player Free (better than MX or others IMHO). I watched a half hour, with headphones, and saw not one single glitch, and about 5-6% battery drain (screen at 45% brightness BTW). Although no other program was running, things such as email sync and others were left running normally.
Phone - LG G2

ROM - OptimusRs Pro 2 Rom For LG G2 V4.3

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

ROM - V50018a (leaked KitKat) with improved gamma values

redhk886
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I was just browsing xda thru app and music skipped again,but looks like its the pad thats freezing and not the music player. Because i was scrolling thru a thread and it froze for like a second and music stopped,when it came back,i was half way down the thread.

Motawa88
Old
Thanks Meter 19
is there a custom stock rom that fixes battery life?

redhk886
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
i don't think so.dyn kernel good for battery life but,not sure it works for stock 4.4.2 .i actually did a factory reset earlier,and not experiencing random freezes.touch sensitivity and battery drain still exists.