FORUMS

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Xposed Framework Updated to v65

Xposed Framework is an extremely popular modification platform for Android, so much so that we included … more

[Q] Change/set alarm clock sound?

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By broman.m, Senior Member on 18th January 2013, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Greetings all,

So I just got a new S III mini and I really love it. There is just one tiny thing I just can't grasp at the moment, and that is how to change alarm clock sound/melody. I am unable to see where I can do that. I've gone through all settings I can find, but nothing is related to alarm clock.

I have not rooted my phone, as I am yet uncertain as to if I really want/need to or not - at present time.

I've used the same ringtone, alarm sound and sms sound for the better part of the last 8 years or so, and I have no wish to change that any time soon.
So if anyone want to be so kind as to enlighten me how I should go about to add it to my phone: what format should be used? Where do I store it? And for the love of grumpy cat, how do I find a setting/list where I can chose a default audio file for alarms? Oh, yeah, I'm using stock alarm clock. If someone know of a really good app where this can be achieved with simplicity then feel free to enlighten me (I do NOT want to test all apps that are out there just to find a good one; would rather just keep the default one and never change )

Thanks in advance,
/Martin

18th January 2013, 06:23 PM |#2  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Go to the programs and open Clock.
Press the cross on the upper right corner to create a new alarm.
When the new alarm screen opens, you can see a "more" bar at the bottom.
Pressing that will reveal more options including the alarm tone one.
Going there you can find an "add" button at the bottom of the alarm tone list.
Click that and select your favorite sound/music.
18th January 2013, 06:33 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Wow, I really feel so stupid at the moment! I've pressed that "more" bar so many times before, but since I never could scroll below it (without clicking it, as I now see) I never attempted to scroll down once I've clicked it the first time!!

I'll be right back, just gonna go and smash my head against the wall a couple of times!
18th January 2013, 09:34 PM |#4  
Flag Somewhere in NYC
Thanks Meter: 434

More
Re: [Q] Change/set alarm clock sound?
adb push /path/to/alarm-tone /system/media/audio/alarms/alarm-tone

Sent from Spaceball One.
10th April 2014, 09:11 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread