Problem receiving calls

23rd December 2013, 12:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi, Iíve got a Samsung galaxy s3 mini and Orange hiro ( Alcatel one touch mini idol ) both purchased from orange .
When I receive a call from Hiro to S3, in some places the dialer/phone app shows person who is calling me but when I press to answer the app freezes and I do not hear anything and the other person canít hear anything .
After this incident the S3 has no sound anywhere in any browser , youtube , music / video player as if it does not have a speaker. If I restart the S3 sound works again until the Hiro calls me.

Weird is that when I call the Hiro there is no problem.
After some investigation I discovered that if I switch on the GSM mode S3 I donít have this problem and I can get calls from Hiro. As you know on gsm the network speed is a few kb compared to wcdma.

I also did some tests and when outdoors with WCDMA mode the problem does not occur.
Also if I set Hiro on GSM and mine on WCDMA/GSM or just WCDMA there is no problem with my phone.
Both phones werenít rooted or other interventions that would void the warranty , their firmware is up to date.
I do not understand why the S3 is unable to perform a basic function.
I tried the 2 sim cards in other phones but there is no problem, the problem only occurs when Hiro phone calls mine.

So far I have tried:
Reset to factory.
Clearing data from Dialer/phone app.

What is frustrating is that sometimes the connection between two works fine but when it doesnít my phone ends up disabled with no sound.
Thanks.
8th April 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Update:
I sent the phone 4 times to warranty and got the motherboard+battery replaced, the problem persists. I don't know what to do anymore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
problem, receiving calls, s3 mini, wcdma
Previous Thread Next Thread