Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Where to buy a new screen in the UK

OP freddy0000

8th April 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

207 posts
Anyone know where I can buy a new screen for this phone in the UK was looking at a few on eBay but heard there all fake
8th April 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy0000

Anyone know where I can buy a new screen for this phone in the UK was looking at a few on eBay but heard there all fake

Please don't even attempt to change the screen yourself. Give the phone to HTC, they'll repair it. They'll charge, but its much better than trying to do it yourself
8th April 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #3  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 75

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

Please don't even attempt to change the screen yourself. Give the phone to HTC, they'll repair it. They'll charge, but its much better than trying to do it yourself

Right , and i suggest this way too
8th April 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

207 posts
Quote:

I can't send it back as it as no screen on it at all the person I bought it off as all ready attempted to open it and when I had a look the cables were broke. I only got it cheap so I thought I would have a try at fixing it my self. You can see where they have tried to force it open and when i got the screen off one of the cables was snapped
Last edited by freddy0000; 8th April 2014 at 03:04 PM.
8th April 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy0000

I can't send it back as it as no screen on it at all the person I bought it off as all ready attempted to open it and when I had a look the cables were broke. I only got it cheap so I thought I would have a try at fixing it my self. You can see where they have tried to force it open and when i got the screen off one of the cables was snapped

Hmmm, I think HTC will just charge extra because the phone has been opened. But I don't think they will deny repairing it. See if they are willing to do it
8th April 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

207 posts
Quote:

Hmmm, I think HTC will just charge extra because the phone has been opened. But I don't think they will deny repairing it. See if they are willing to do it

I have just done that but the best they could tell me was send it in and wait for a quote and either send it back unrepaired for 27 or to dispose the device free of charge. Just dont know if its worth it though as i remember a few years ago sending my sensation in and because the screen had a little crack in it they wanted 200 just to fix the screen

Thanks replaced the screen and working great so far
Last edited by freddy0000; 15th April 2014 at 04:01 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread