No registration required

Help to find original RUU for HTC One X

OP jfromeo

29th May 2013, 10:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
Hello all.

A friend of mine has recently asked me for advice about how to RMA his phone due to some serious hardware fault (WiFi network not functioning and lower screen buttons not responding from time to time). It is a second-hand phone, and he has boot unlocked and cyanogenmod installed in it.

I have read that, among the conditions to get a successful RMA from HTC, it is needed to send the phone with the boot locked and an original RUU installed on it.

I have get both the CID and RUU needed through the fastboot command prompt and I would need to find the RUU to match these parameters:

RUU: 3.18.401.1
CID: HTC_203

I can only find either the RUU 3.18.401.1 but for different CIDs, or an older RUU (3.14) matching the area code (401) and CID (HTC_203). I have also read that one cannot flash an older RUU on the phone. Will it brick it?

I have to choose to flash one of this RUUs:

3.18.401.1 CID HTC__032
3.18.401.1 CID HTC__001
3.18.401.1 CID HTC__E11
3.18.401.1 CID HTC__405

Neither of them matches the CID on the phone.

3.14.401.31 CID HTC__203

Or this. This is the newest RUU matching the CID, but is it older than the one originally flashed on the phone.

Could I get any help?

Thanks so much in advance!

PD: Sorry for my English.
29th May 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,453

4,239 posts
More
You can't run a RUU because there's no ruu for 3.18.401.1 base... You will need to restore this backup:

http://d-h.st/hFn

This is for HTC__E11 but it will work if the base is the same!

PS: Take a backup of the current rom or have a rom.zip in your phone so that if anything goes wrong, you can flash that!
29th May 2013, 11:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

You can't run a RUU because there's no ruu for 3.18.401.1 base... You will need to restore this backup:

This is for HTC__E11 but it will work if the base is the same!

PS: Take a backup of the current rom or have a rom.zip in your phone so that if anything goes wrong, you can flash that!

Thanks so much for the help! Much appreciated!

I will do it as soon as possible
4th June 2013, 10:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfromeo

Thanks so much for the help! Much appreciated!

I will do it as soon as possible

So, I have extracted the recovery.img and flashed it with:

"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Then relocked the bootloader with:

"fastboot oem lock"

But when I was going to flash the RUU following the tutorial, I have realised that it is not in exe mode, it is a rar and I cannot "right click -> run as administrator" as the tutorial says.

Is there any way I can flash the original RUU to the phone in fastboot mode? Or an alternative RUU X.XX.401.X in exe format?
Last edited by jfromeo; 4th June 2013 at 10:20 PM.
4th June 2013, 10:26 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,239 posts
More
Quote:

"fastboot oem lock"

But when I was going to flash the RUU following the tutorial, I have realised that it is not in exe mode, it is a rar and I cannot "right click -> run as administrator" as the tutorial says.

Is there any way I can flash the original RUU to the phone in fastboot mode? Or an alternative RUU X.XX.401.X in exe format?

That's not a RUU, it's a nandroid backup!

You need to unlock your bootloader, flash this recovery : https://www.dropbox.com/s/p35p0tqf41jbj8b/recovery.img

Then transfer the all the 'files' to /clockworkmod/backup/04-06-2013/. Copy the boot.img to fastboot folder.

flash the boot.img and then go to recovery and wipe everything and then restore the backup!
4th June 2013, 10:30 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 82

417 posts
More
Quote:

"fastboot oem lock"

if you are referring to the one vin4yak gave to you, it is a nandroid backup from another HOX not the RUU. you need to flash it via recovery.
6th June 2013, 12:59 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

40 posts
Oh sorry, thanks for the clarification!

I will try it again as soon as I arrive home.
9th June 2013, 05:41 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

40 posts
Spook HECDur
I have followed the above steps, but now in the bootloader, it appears a message above:

*** RELOCKED ***

And if I try to do anything, it appears a:

*** SECUTIRY WARNING ***

What could I do? I would need to send it as stock to HTC RMA, and I do not know if they could see that RELOCKED text, it could be suspicious...

I flashed the recovery.img, boot.img and restore the backup (now the phone is at stock ROM, but it is in German :S). What annoys me the most is that RELOCKED message at bootloader.

Thanks again!
9th June 2013, 06:02 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

4,239 posts
More
Quote:

I have followed the above steps, but now in the bootloader, it appears a message above:

*** RELOCKED ***

And if I try to do anything, it appears a:

*** SECUTIRY WARNING ***

What could I do? I would need to send it as stock to HTC RMA, and I do not know if they could see that RELOCKED text, it could be suspicious...

I flashed the recovery.img, boot.img and restore the backup (now the phone is at stock ROM, but it is in German :S). What annoys me the most is that RELOCKED message at bootloader.

Thanks again!

Did you flash the stock recovery before relocking the bootloader?

and what does your bootloader say? endeavoru or evita??

You can not change the ****relocked**** part...
9th June 2013, 06:14 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Did you flash the stock recovery before relocking the bootloader?

and what does your bootloader say? endeavoru or evita??

You can not change the ****relocked**** part...

Oh, maybe not. I flashed the recovery.img from the dropbox link (it seems to be a modded cwm 6.X recovery), but I did not flash any other after restoring the backup.

It says Endeavoru.

May I need to unlock it again using the HTCDev method?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread