Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Question [Q] Stock KitKat ROMs can't switch to ART?

OP stszf9124

4th December 2013, 02:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Dalian
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
so as the title,I have flashed the newest fw and flash Sense roms &GPE roms from many teams like ARHD Inscertcoin Ordroid etc.I hope to experience the speed of ART ,so after a new rom is flashed with a full wipe,I changed the runtime into ART and roboot as required,but I've NEVER seen it is booting to the system,it aaways stuck on the bootanimation,I used to wait up to 1.5hours ,but it was still on the bootanimation
Anyone has the same problem?or just me?
4th December 2013, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,158

3,002 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stszf9124

so as the title,I have flashed the newest fw and flash Sense roms &GPE roms from many teams like ARHD Inscertcoin Ordroid etc.I hope to experience the speed of ART ,so after a new rom is flashed with a full wipe,I changed the runtime into ART and roboot as required,but I've NEVER seen it is booting to the system,it aaways stuck on the bootanimation,I used to wait up to 1.5hours ,but it was still on the bootanimation

ART is in development and should only be used by devs who want to test their app. Many users are reporting bootloop with ART while using a custom kernel (maybe this is your situation). I dont know if there is a way to switch back to dalvik without booting. So you might want to do a fresh install of your rom again from recovery.
4th December 2013, 03:58 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 84

549 posts
More
Quote:

You waited for 1.5 hrs? LOL!
4th December 2013, 05:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 303

1,713 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeman239

You waited for 1.5 hrs? LOL!

Perhaps it needed a bit longer?
4th December 2013, 05:20 PM   |  #5  
Thunder Bay, ON
Thanks Meter: 45

206 posts
More
Quote:

I am a bit of a noob, however it is my understanding that ART only works on odexed ROMs. I think all Sense ROMs and most GPE ROMs are all deodexed, so that could be your issue. Try an odexed ROM, if one exists (I prefer Sense ROMs so I am not sure what is available for GPE).
4th December 2013, 07:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Durres
Thanks Meter: 1,298

2,293 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nope ART doesn't work on any sense ROM at all. It only works on GPE odexed

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
5th December 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Dalian

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

ART is in development and should only be used by devs who want to test their app. Many users are reporting bootloop with ART while using a custom kernel (maybe this is your situation). I dont know if there is a way to switch back to dalvik without booting. So you might want to do a fresh install of your rom again from recovery.

yep .i did a full wipe before flash the roms,but still failed to run in ART ,gave up ,there 's the only way to back into dalvik is reboot to recovery and wipe /data
5th December 2013, 02:44 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Dalian

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi

Nope ART doesn't work on any sense ROM at all. It only works on GPE odexed

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

tried GPE roms with odex.but still failed ,and I preffer Sense roms cuz China's network blocks most of the gapps
5th December 2013, 04:59 PM   |  #9  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,158

3,002 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

tried GPE roms with odex.but still failed ,and I preffer Sense roms cuz China's network blocks most of the gapps

Just don't use ART you will notice no difference in overall performance atm
7th December 2013, 02:32 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 9

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Just don't use ART you will notice no difference in overall performance atm

Using ART with SinLessROM GE v5.1.3 currently and I do notice it is smoother and apps open a bit quicker.
You cannot have Xposed installed at all though. Whatsapp requires flashing a file to work though but performs
fine after.

After converting to art you can always convert back easily!

The Following User Says Thank You to Armeniandave For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread