Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock KitKat ROMs can't switch to ART?

Tip us?

stszf9124
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Stock KitKat ROMs can't switch to ART?

so as the title,I have flashed the newest fw and flash Sense roms &GPE roms from many teams like ARHD Inscertcoin Ordroid etc.I hope to experience the speed of ART ,so after a new rom is flashed with a full wipe,I changed the runtime into ART and roboot as required,but I've NEVER seen it is booting to the system,it aaways stuck on the bootanimation,I used to wait up to 1.5hours ,but it was still on the bootanimation
Anyone has the same problem?or just me?

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stszf9124 View Post
so as the title,I have flashed the newest fw and flash Sense roms &GPE roms from many teams like ARHD Inscertcoin Ordroid etc.I hope to experience the speed of ART ,so after a new rom is flashed with a full wipe,I changed the runtime into ART and roboot as required,but I've NEVER seen it is booting to the system,it aaways stuck on the bootanimation,I used to wait up to 1.5hours ,but it was still on the bootanimation
ART is in development and should only be used by devs who want to test their app. Many users are reporting bootloop with ART while using a custom kernel (maybe this is your situation). I dont know if there is a way to switch back to dalvik without booting. So you might want to do a fresh install of your rom again from recovery.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

nukeman239
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
You waited for 1.5 hrs? LOL!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4288060_2.gif

bobsie41
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeman239 View Post
You waited for 1.5 hrs? LOL!
Perhaps it needed a bit longer?

tmcquake
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
I am a bit of a noob, however it is my understanding that ART only works on odexed ROMs. I think all Sense ROMs and most GPE ROMs are all deodexed, so that could be your issue. Try an odexed ROM, if one exists (I prefer Sense ROMs so I am not sure what is available for GPE).
[PHONE] HTC One
[ROM] InsertCoin 2.5.0

[TABLET] Nexus 7 (2013)
[ROM] Stock JB 4.4.2

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1290

DONATE TO ME
Nope ART doesn't work on any sense ROM at all. It only works on GPE odexed

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 3.0.2

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0.2 Sense 5

stszf9124
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
ART is in development and should only be used by devs who want to test their app. Many users are reporting bootloop with ART while using a custom kernel (maybe this is your situation). I dont know if there is a way to switch back to dalvik without booting. So you might want to do a fresh install of your rom again from recovery.
yep .i did a full wipe before flash the roms,but still failed to run in ART ,gave up ,there 's the only way to back into dalvik is reboot to recovery and wipe /data

stszf9124
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi View Post
Nope ART doesn't work on any sense ROM at all. It only works on GPE odexed

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
tried GPE roms with odex.but still failed ,and I preffer Sense roms cuz China's network blocks most of the gapps

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
tried GPE roms with odex.but still failed ,and I preffer Sense roms cuz China's network blocks most of the gapps
Just don't use ART you will notice no difference in overall performance atm
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

Armeniandave
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Just don't use ART you will notice no difference in overall performance atm
Using ART with SinLessROM GE v5.1.3 currently and I do notice it is smoother and apps open a bit quicker.
You cannot have Xposed installed at all though. Whatsapp requires flashing a file to work though but performs
fine after.

After converting to art you can always convert back easily!

The Following User Says Thank You to Armeniandave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]