Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,198 Members 47,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Home Button

Tip us?

BNish17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Home Button

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem, when I click on the home button to wake the phone it takes 4-6 seconds before it takes me to the lock screen. Any thing I can do to fix this?

Thanks

rsfinsrq
Old
(Last edited by rsfinsrq; 7th April 2014 at 03:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNish17 View Post
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem, when I click on the home button to wake the phone it takes 4-6 seconds before it takes me to the lock screen. Any thing I can do to fix this?

Thanks
Just a thought, you might want to check apps like my magazine and S voice settings. They both have options to open via double pressing the home button. If these are enabled the home button may delay to see if a second press is coming. (Although 4-6 seconds seems excessive) I disabled that option in those app settings and have no delay when waking using the home button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Galaxy Note 3 N900A - Stock CUCNC2
Gear 2 - Stock OBNE5
Galaxy Tab S 10.5 - Stock U1ANFB
Nexus 7 2013 32GB - LPV79/Root
Galaxy Note 1 - Liquid Smooth 4.4.4/TWRP
Dell Streak 5 - DSC TR/Root/CWR

ironside2011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
What if the s voice settings weren't the problem with home botton before the KitKat update ?

bri315317
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14,648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNish17 View Post

Thanks
Removed your sdcard and test, if you dont have one nevermind

Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the Note 3 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!
Please USE the Official Q&A thread for Dynamic Kat on the Note 3 in this Thread.
Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the S5 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 402

DONATE TO ME
Does this always take a long time? As in if you have device on and press power button to turn off. Then immediately press the home button. Does it take a long time?

Maybe your device is in a really deep sleep and it needs to wake up. If it is in a deep sleep, that's a good thing. If we had a better kernel we could control the situation better. Unfortunately we can't get one at the moment.