FORUMS

[Q] Home Button

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By BNish17, Junior Member on 7th April 2014, 01:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem, when I click on the home button to wake the phone it takes 4-6 seconds before it takes me to the lock screen. Any thing I can do to fix this?

Thanks

7th April 2014, 03:53 PM |#2  
Flag Sarasota, FL
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNish17

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem, when I click on the home button to wake the phone it takes 4-6 seconds before it takes me to the lock screen. Any thing I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Just a thought, you might want to check apps like my magazine and S voice settings. They both have options to open via double pressing the home button. If these are enabled the home button may delay to see if a second press is coming. (Although 4-6 seconds seems excessive) I disabled that option in those app settings and have no delay when waking using the home button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Last edited by rsfinsrq; 7th April 2014 at 03:55 PM.
8th April 2014, 08:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
What if the s voice settings weren't the problem with home botton before the KitKat update ?
8th April 2014, 08:59 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 22,864

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNish17

Thanks

Removed your sdcard and test, if you dont have one nevermind
8th April 2014, 12:29 PM |#5  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 442

Donate to Me
More
Does this always take a long time? As in if you have device on and press power button to turn off. Then immediately press the home button. Does it take a long time?

Maybe your device is in a really deep sleep and it needs to wake up. If it is in a deep sleep, that's a good thing. If we had a better kernel we could control the situation better. Unfortunately we can't get one at the moment.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)