Update on this issue for anyone that searches and finds this thread....
I fixed my GPS. The solution was to restore to stock, and reflash my rom. The interesting thing about this, is it appears that ANYTIME you do a revert to stock (at least using a .tot) you have to get a GPS lock or it will break GPS. I flashed the .tot, got GPS lock, rooted, recovery, and flashed Mahdi and GPS worked. I was having some unrelated issues with Mahdi, so I went back to stock again, did NOT lock GPS, rooted, recovery, and flashed PA. This time GPS did not work again. I repeated this process a third time getting a GPS lock and it works now.
So for anyone having the issue with 0 satellites in view (GPS Test from the play store will tell you), here is the fix for the LS980. Other phones can probably follow a similar process-
1. Flash the ZVC .tot to go back to stock http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702422
---LS980 ONLY! Other phones have different files to flash
---This will WIPE your SD card, back up files first!
2. Get a GPS lock (GPS Test is handy for this)
3. IORoot to regain root http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869
4. AutoRec to get TWRP again http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715496
5. Flash your ROM and you should be golden