Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LED Notification light in top speaker grill?

Tip us?
 
BrandonPrice31
Old
#1  
BrandonPrice31's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 960
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default LED Notification light in top speaker grill?

Why is my LED Notification light in the top speaker grill?

Is this normal?
 
metalfan78
Old
#2  
metalfan78's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,639
Posts: 3,880
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Littleton, CO
It's normal because that's where htc put it.
 
Jooosty
Old
#3  
Jooosty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 491
Join Date: Nov 2011
That's the design.

And it only shows two colors.

Amber while charging and green for all notifications

HTC UltimEight 😎
HTC ULTIMEIGHT!
 
EddyOS
Old
#4  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,045
Posts: 13,293
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
It's the one thing I miss from my Nexus 5, loved having the RGB LED and using LightFlow to customise it. Hoping HTC sort this out in future...
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB *** AWAITING DELIVERY ***
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: Stock | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
 
yayyap159
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooosty View Post
That's the design.

And it only shows two colors.

Amber while charging and green for all notifications

HTC UltimEight 😎
Well technically you can use the amber LED for other notifications in apps that support custom LED colours. Just select the "red" option. Works for me on Whatsapp
 
keijers
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 66
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayyap159 View Post
Well technically you can use the amber LED for other notifications in apps that support custom LED colours. Just select the "red" option. Works for me on Whatsapp
doesn't work for me, it blinks green whatever color I choose. My m8 isn't rooted. Is yours?
 
yayyap159
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by keijers View Post
doesn't work for me, it blinks green whatever color I choose. My m8 isn't rooted. Is yours?
Yup, it's rooted. But root access shouldn't affect such a thing, I didn't receive any root access requests when setting LED colour. What app did you try it on?
 
keijers
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 66
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayyap159 View Post
Yup, it's rooted. But root access shouldn't affect such a thing, I didn't receive any root access requests when setting LED colour. What app did you try it on?
on whatsapp! Set it to red but blinks green...
 
yayyap159
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by keijers View Post
on whatsapp! Set it to red but blinks green...
Hmm that's weird, unrooted and it still works for me. It's probably due to the custom rom then, I'm using the Venom rom
 
keijers
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 66
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayyap159 View Post
Hmm that's weird, unrooted and it still works for me. It's probably due to the custom rom then, I'm using the Venom rom
that will probably the problem for me. stock rom

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes