Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 54,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Font Titles - Stock Reader

Tip us?

mergen3107
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Font Titles - Stock Reader

Just baksmali'd classes.dex from ReaderRMSDK.apk (from 1.2.1) to find out where the font Titles shown in the font list in the Reader could be changed.
Found them inside few files at out\com\bn\nook\reader\commonui (I just opened ALL the files of this folder in Notepad++ and did search for font names across all of them).
I have replaced some the stock fonts just by renaming and replacing them. Now I would like to see their real names. There are so many mentions of the fonts, even inside such strings:
Code:
.field public static final FONT_FAMILY_GILLSANS:Ljava/lang/String; = "Gill Sans"
So what should change in order to keep everything safe and working?

Renate NST
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 775
The font system on the Nooks is a bit messed up.
The reader application (Reader.apk or ReaderRMSDK.apk) has fixed names for possible fonts.
Moreover the underlying (Linux) shared library only handles specific font names.

The best we can do for now is to copy our favorite font to one of the standard names.

mergen3107
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate NST View Post
The font system on the Nooks is a bit messed up.
The reader application (Reader.apk or ReaderRMSDK.apk) has fixed names for possible fonts.
Moreover the underlying (Linux) shared library only handles specific font names.

The best we can do for now is to copy our favorite font to one of the standard names.
Oh, thanks you for preventing me from messing something up!
I have exact same situation - just replaced properly renamed fonts.