Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Font Titles - Stock Reader

OP mergen3107

29th March 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Astana
Thanks Meter: 5

125 posts
More
Just baksmali'd classes.dex from ReaderRMSDK.apk (from 1.2.1) to find out where the font Titles shown in the font list in the Reader could be changed.
Found them inside few files at out\com\bn\nook\reader\commonui (I just opened ALL the files of this folder in Notepad++ and did search for font names across all of them).
I have replaced some the stock fonts just by renaming and replacing them. Now I would like to see their real names. There are so many mentions of the fonts, even inside such strings:
Code:
.field public static final FONT_FAMILY_GILLSANS:Ljava/lang/String; = "Gill Sans"
So what should change in order to keep everything safe and working?
21st April 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Boston
Thanks Meter: 822

2,000 posts
The font system on the Nooks is a bit messed up.
The reader application (Reader.apk or ReaderRMSDK.apk) has fixed names for possible fonts.
Moreover the underlying (Linux) shared library only handles specific font names.

The best we can do for now is to copy our favorite font to one of the standard names.
21st April 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Astana
Thanks Meter: 5

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate NST

The font system on the Nooks is a bit messed up.
The reader application (Reader.apk or ReaderRMSDK.apk) has fixed names for possible fonts.
Moreover the underlying (Linux) shared library only handles specific font names.

The best we can do for now is to copy our favorite font to one of the standard names.

Oh, thanks you for preventing me from messing something up!
I have exact same situation - just replaced properly renamed fonts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread