4G won't stay connected

Search This thread

Dethsesh

Jan 10, 2012
I've tried all sorts of roms, AOSP and Sense, they all stay connected to 4g for a few minutes at most after a reboot and then go back to 3g.

Everything else works fine, and my sim works good in other phones and stays on 4G.

Any idea what this could be or what is causing this?

Last edited:

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Have you updated to the latest firmware? If your using kitkat roms, you need kitkat firmware. You can find the firmware in the second post of santods stock rom thread in development. Use the no boot.img one.

Dethsesh

Jan 10, 2012
Have you updaTed to the latest firmware? If your using kitkat roms, you need kitkat firmware. You can find the firmware in the second post of santods stock rom thread in development. Use the no boot.img one.

Yea I've flashed those also. Everything used to work fine until that roaming display issue. Never returned to normal for me, even tho roaming is gone.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Have you ever ruu'd back to stock and then done a factory reset from hboot? That is the only way to wipe out the network settings and force them to be updated. Worth a try i guess.

Dethsesh

Jan 10, 2012
Tried to ruu back to stock yesterday and still getting the same results. No 4g after a few minutes.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Souldrifter

Sep 3, 2010
San Diego, CA
Tried to ruu back to stock yesterday and still getting the same results. No 4g after a few minutes.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I'm not getting 4g at all on my phone. I came here to post a question and saw yours, so thought posting another thread would be pointless.

I've got NusenseSIX RC4.5 running and while the 4g icon comes on, there's no data transfer at all. I flashed the new firmware first, as instructed, and that seemed to go just fine according to the directions. But, when I swapped my sim card from my other One and waited a few minutes, even *228'ed, no data.

I got the phone already rooted and s-offed with TWRP 2.7.0.1. How do I get it back to stock to clear out the network settings? Or could it be a bad firmwware flash, so I'm screwed anyway?

EDIT: I redid everything, and just stuck with the Sense 5.5 mostly stock ROM. Data works now. Might've been firmware, might've been the ROM on my phone. Zero idea.

Last edited:

Dethsesh

Jan 10, 2012
Is it possible to have a bad sim?

I just got a replacement device and I still cannot get 4G service for more than about 2 minutes before it switches to 3G

I'm not getting 4g at all on my phone. I came here to post a question and saw yours, so thought posting another thread would be pointless.

I've got NusenseSIX RC4.5 running and while the 4g icon comes on, there's no data transfer at all. I flashed the new firmware first, as instructed, and that seemed to go just fine according to the directions. But, when I swapped my sim card from my other One and waited a few minutes, even *228'ed, no data.

I got the phone already rooted and s-offed with TWRP 2.7.0.1. How do I get it back to stock to clear out the network settings? Or could it be a bad firmwware flash, so I'm screwed anyway?

EDIT: I redid everything, and just stuck with the Sense 5.5 mostly stock ROM. Data works now. Might've been firmware, might've been the ROM on my phone. Zero idea.

Souldrifter

Sep 3, 2010
San Diego, CA
Is it possible to have a bad sim?

I just got a replacement device and I still cannot get 4G service for more than about 2 minutes before it switches to 3G

Sure, you can have a bad SIM, but I don't think that'd cause the drop in data transfer rate... lack of data all together, or other things not working, sure, but if you can actually catch a 4G link and then it drops to 3G, sounds more like the radios, the hardware, or just a bad coverage area. I'm no expert, though.

Dethsesh

Jan 10, 2012
In case anyone was wondering, I ended up getting a new SIM and that has fixed my 4G issue. No idea what was wrong with the SIM, but anyway it sucked.