Stock ROM Reset | 1.31.651.2 + 1.29.651.10 | Stock Recovery Included

5th October 2013, 09:27 AM |#1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 1,222

1,013 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you are still S-On (or S-off but lazy or tentative) and want a simple way to return to the stock ROM and also be able flash back the stock radio and recovery then this may be for you.

XDA member migascalp gave me the idea of packaging stock ROM's with the aroma installer and include the ability to flash the stock recovery also as sort of a poor mans RUU since so many still are S-on and cannot properly run a RUU.
I have been making these for a few different versions for the GSM model M7 UL:
See here: http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/stock-rom-downloads/

I got a request to do one for the Sprint Variant, so here it is. To be clear, I personally do not own the Sprint version, so I couldn't test this, however it is a fairly basic script and I only changed the partition info for formatting and copying the data. Thanks to XDA member @(^_^)@ for the partition layout.

If you are looking to run the stock ROM but rooted (You can add root during my installer) or modded then you will probably want one of these:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2368907
Thanks to Indirect for the firmware and stock rom dumps.
Thanks to the.emilio for Radio information.

You simply flash in recovery like installing any other rom.

Here are the screen shots of the Aroma Installer. Sorry for some the bad edits, its really hard to get a good pic taken manually at bootloader or recovery:

It seems like the Radio flashing was a problem, so I have removed it from the package. It will not show up as an option during the installer.
ROM and Recovery flash fine.
I have updated the download link and md5

Thanks

Here is the download link:

Guru Reset M7 Sprint 1.31.651.2

md5: f3d055dea52b60674833c2cbb87893fb

Guru Reset M7 Sprint 1.29.651.10

md5: 29a4b3cd30a848a8e6c9e1e7bd079740

Guru Reset M7 Sprint 3.04.651.2

md5: 0cc1048c835512e1d988525ea8aa2815

........Credits........

Thanks to Indirect for the 1.31.651.2 Stock ROM
Thanks to O.M.J. for the 3.04.651.2 Stock ROM

Enjoy!
Last edited by crushalot; 17th October 2013 at 07:35 PM.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to crushalot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th October 2013, 04:16 PM |#2  
Flag Sevierville TN
Thanks Meter: 133

591 posts
More
Thumbs down
Stuck on the "Installing Stock Rom" screen. Won't flash anything, just stays at 0.00%. Just stuck on that screen... I'm HTC Dev-unlocked only, on stock 1.31

Edit: Tried it again, this time with just the recovery, no radio, and it worked fine Still waiting for it to reboot but it looks good.
Last edited by rubyknight; 5th October 2013 at 04:25 PM.
5th October 2013, 06:15 PM |#3  
Flag Raleigh

1,013 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyknight

Stuck on the "Installing Stock Rom" screen. Won't flash anything, just stays at 0.00%. Just stuck on that screen... I'm HTC Dev-unlocked only, on stock 1.31

Edit: Tried it again, this time with just the recovery, no radio, and it worked fine Still waiting for it to reboot but it looks good.

OK, I know in TWRP when finished you have select to reboot, I didn't insert that into the script.
Odd that it is the Radio that has the issue. I will pull the package for now and update it so there is no choice for Radio install only recovery.

Thanks
5th October 2013, 07:44 PM |#4  
Flag Raleigh

1,013 posts
Donate to Me
More
Uploading new version without the option to flash the radio.

I think most are just concerned with ROM and Recovery anyway.
I will update OP when new link is live.
5th October 2013, 08:16 PM |#5  
Flag Raleigh

1,013 posts
Donate to Me
More
New version with no option to flash radio is now live.
OP Updated.

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crushalot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2013, 08:37 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushalot

New version with no option to flash radio is now live.
OP Updated.

Thanks

And as the post says, it will return me to 100% OEM Stock ROM and recovery without needing S-OFF first?
8th October 2013, 09:20 AM |#7  
Flag Raleigh

1,013 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekasaurusWrex

And as the post says, it will return me to 100% OEM Stock ROM and recovery without needing S-OFF first?

That is correct.
Well technically 99% as the stock radio was pulled from the package and can't be installed with the rom and recovery. The radio version shouldn't matter but you can always manually flash the correct radio before running this installer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crushalot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2013, 07:41 AM |#8  
Flag Raleigh

1,013 posts
Donate to Me
More
This demo is of AT&T Stock ROM and then OTA but the install and procedure is the same. I can't update this video for the roms in the this thread because I don't have a Sprint phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to crushalot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2013, 03:17 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushalot

That is correct.
Well technically 99% as the stock radio was pulled from the package and can't be installed with the rom and recovery. The radio version shouldn't matter but you can always manually flash the correct radio before running this installer.

Well, I can say that this has worked for me. I flashed the radios, did the reset and back on all stock everything. The only issues are that Qualcomm's Enhanced Location stops working, and my phone randomly rebooted once but that may have been coincidental. I just v wished I had saved the firmware update to dropbox so I wouldn't have to download it again.
10th October 2013, 08:25 PM |#10  
Flag Jonesboro
Thanks Meter: 24

138 posts
More
My issue was I am s-on and running a 4.3 Rom. There was no way to get the entire firmware package (PRI, firmware, radio's, etc) without being s-off. I noticed revone AND moonshine wouldn't work on the new 1.55hboot so I used this download and flashed it then manually did the OTA update to 4.3. Yes I lost root, yes my Qualcomm would not work, however, I got the FULL firmware update. I then just re-rooted and flashed OMJs deodexed and life is all good. Thank you for making this, it helped me a ton. Now I just gotta wait for an s-off method on hboot 1.55.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I2izzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread