Donate to Me
More
This tool will grant you Super CID on your HTC Device

Tested on the following devices:
HTC One M7_UL
HTC One M7_WLS
HTC One X/XL Evita

What is a CID?

CID lock (aka vendor lock): Carrier Id - put on your device by the manufacturer to prevent installation of a ROM not released by them. Commonly used in the form `CID-Unlocking`. If you purchase your phone (example) from 3Mobile (3Mobile is the ‘carrier’), your phone will only accept 3Mobile ROMs (the carrier’s ROMs). If you want to flash ROMs from other carrier, you’ll need to CID-unlock your phone, so that your phone will accept other ROMs. All bootloaders (apart from HardSPL and SSPL) will only allow a ROM with the correct CID to be flashed onto the device. A device which has been CID unlocked will have ‘SuperCID’ which allows ANY ROM to be loaded onto the device, SuperCID also unlocks the Ext_ROM and allows it to be mounted. Note: In general, the phrase ‘unlock your phone’ usually refers to SIM-unlock, not CID unlock.

What is Super CID?

SuperCID : by CID unlocking your device the value of the CID is changed to SuperCID . This allows the flashing of ANY ROM/RUU to the device regardless of the carrier and also unlocks the read/write capability of the Ext_ROM.

How to use the script?

Download the attached file
Extract the file
boot your phone into bootloader
Run the script and follow the on screen instructions

How do i get my phone into bootloader?

Power down the device
hold vol down and power at the same time

You can Download the script for Windows here http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/sho...-S-Off-Devices
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to XsMagical For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2013, 03:47 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ft. Myers
Thanks Meter: 6,371

5,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know this isnt really needed for the CDMA model but if boost or virgin ever get the One, it will come in handy for RUU's
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to XsMagical For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2013, 04:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag Lombard IL
Thanks Meter: 1,887

3,343 posts
More
Real cool XS, Thanks.

Going to do it right now, you never know.
The Following User Says Thank You to budeone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2013, 05:40 PM   |  #4  
Philladelphia,Pa
Thanks Meter: 30

171 posts
Donate to Me
Let me get this right....if we do this to our device,we can flash roms from other varients???Im hype if so

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium
8th June 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 61

345 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 215Aphillyated

Let me get this right....if we do this to our device,we can flash roms from other varients???Im hype if so

Yes but it would be a huge mistake to do so with a Sprint One.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m03sizlak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2013, 05:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 435

2,163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 215Aphillyated

I would also like to ask if we have to ruu to the other carriers before we can flash their custom roms? Renovate Rom for international version is now 4.2.2 so if I supercid can I flash that Rom without any problems? It has a no compatible boot.img which won't let it boot before using supercid. I would like to use that Rom being 4.2.2 but would like to know if I supercid that would make it possible? Thanks to those with knowledge that may be able to give me the correct answer.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
8th June 2013, 05:48 PM   |  #7  
Philladelphia,Pa
Thanks Meter: 30

171 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks for the advice,and definitly will listen to it
8th June 2013, 05:55 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ft. Myers
Thanks Meter: 6,371

5,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII

I would also like to ask if we have to ruu to the other carriers before we can flash their custom roms? Renovate Rom for international version is now 4.2.2 so if I supercid can I flash that Rom without any problems? It has a no compatible boot.img which won't let it boot before using supercid. I would like to use that Rom being 4.2.2 but would like to know if I supercid that would make it possible? Thanks to those with knowledge that may be able to give me the correct answer.

no no, this will only let you run RUU's for a WLS model so if lets say Boost mobile gets the HTC one, Someone can take that ruu and flash it to the sprint device or sprint to boost. not from other models like the UL, that is a different device. the CDMA HTC One is the WLS model, the GSM versions are UL models. Dont mix them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XsMagical For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2013, 05:58 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 435

2,163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XsMagical

no no, this will only let you run RUU's for a WLS model so if lets say Boost mobile gets the HTC one, Someone can take that ruu and flash it to the sprint device or sprint to boost. not from other models like the UL, that is a different device. the CDMA HTC One is the WLS model, the GSM versions are UL models. Dont mix them.

Thank you. This is very important but the op says we can flash roms from any carriers. That probably should be corrected.

8th June 2013, 06:38 PM   |  #10  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 4,481

9,968 posts
More
Thanks XS! Rock on my man

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The Following User Says Thank You to FrozenRiff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread