Will T-Mobile know my phone was rooted?

Search This thread

em2drvr03

Aug 11, 2009
I was having really bad force close issues and I did a factory reset and it didn't make it better. They were system up and home force closes. They came up constantly so I couldn't even get into settings to turn on debugging mode to do any of the methods to go back to stock. I called and got a replacement but will T-Mobile know my phone was rooted and will they even care.?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

xeoph

Nov 14, 2012
I was having really bad force close issues and I did a factory reset and it didn't make it better. They were system up and home force closes. They came up constantly so I couldn't even get into settings to turn on debugging mode to do any of the methods to go back to stock. I called and got a replacement but will T-Mobile know my phone was rooted and will they even care.?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Rooting does void your warranty and supposedly there is a root detection mechanism that they use that's on the stock ROM. I've only seen it mentioned but I don't know anything about it.

On the other hand people have sent in LG G2's for screen repair that are rooted and they've just received a new phone back. Since your problem is software and not hardware I imagine there could be extra grief in trying to repair a phone that's rooted since they will use different tools. I'd say it would depend on how they repair/replace your phone.

diamond12

Nov 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Have you tried a hardware factory reset using the poweron key sequence? (power+vol-, let go when LG logo comes up, press again immediately)
Also, maybe try to reflash 4.2.2 kdz.