Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashed CyanogenMod 11 Nightly, can't call/text/use mobile data

OP timetravel_1024

1st April 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Yesterday I flashed the newest CyanogenMod 11 nightly, and I am now unable to call, text, or use mobile data. When I go to About Phone ->Status and check my phone number, it says my phone number is 000-000-0626. I am able to connect to Sprint, however. I tried going back to CyanogenMod 10.2 stable, but the problem still exists. I also tried going back to the stock ROM, and the problem still exists. I looked for hours online, but could not find anything to fix my problem.
1st April 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Granite Bay, California
Thanks Meter: 389

1,083 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetravel_1024

Yesterday I flashed the newest CyanogenMod 11 nightly, and I am now unable to call, text, or use mobile data. When I go to About Phone ->Status and check my phone number, it says my phone number is 000-000-0626. I am able to connect to Sprint, however. I tried going back to CyanogenMod 10.2 stable, but the problem still exists. I also tried going back to the stock ROM, and the problem still exists. I looked for hours online, but could not find anything to fix my problem.

Broke your internal modem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007

Broke your internal modem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How can I tell if my internal modem is broken?
1st April 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #4  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 10,709

11,833 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You need to flash back to a Sense ROM and reactivate your device. Looks like your device programming got wiped out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You need to flash back to a Sense ROM and reactivate your device. Looks like your device programming got wiped out.

Thank you, it worked! I am now able to call/text/use mobile data again
2nd April 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Actually, there's a new problem... I can send texts, use mobile data, but not make/receive calls or receive texts...
2nd April 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #7  
Flag East Stroudsburg
Thanks Meter: 424

808 posts
More
Quote:

Actually, there's a new problem... I can send texts, use mobile data, but not make/receive calls or receive texts...

If you are still on a sense ROM, dial ##72786# from your dialer and select reset from the menu. I'm not sure if it will work from CM though but you could try.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,123

3,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak

If you are still on a sense ROM, dial ##72786# from your dialer and select reset from the menu. I'm not sure if it will work from CM though but you could try.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dialer codes don't work on AOSP.

I also suggest updating your PRL & profile from a Sense ROM. Also, make sure your firmware is up to date. If you've done all this already, try what @Evolution_Freak suggested above.

Sent from my EVO LTE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Hi, sorry for the late response. I updated the profile, prl, and firmware, and that did not fix it. I ended up doing the ##72786# method, and I am now able to send mms, but not receive or send/receive sms. 3G (and hopefully 4G) still works, however.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread