Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,437 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashed CyanogenMod 11 Nightly, can't call/text/use mobile data

Tip us?
 
timetravel_1024
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] Flashed CyanogenMod 11 Nightly, can't call/text/use mobile data

Yesterday I flashed the newest CyanogenMod 11 nightly, and I am now unable to call, text, or use mobile data. When I go to About Phone ->Status and check my phone number, it says my phone number is 000-000-0626. I am able to connect to Sprint, however. I tried going back to CyanogenMod 10.2 stable, but the problem still exists. I also tried going back to the stock ROM, and the problem still exists. I looked for hours online, but could not find anything to fix my problem.
 
numel007
Old
#2  
numel007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 387
Posts: 1,076
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Granite Bay, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetravel_1024 View Post
Yesterday I flashed the newest CyanogenMod 11 nightly, and I am now unable to call, text, or use mobile data. When I go to About Phone ->Status and check my phone number, it says my phone number is 000-000-0626. I am able to connect to Sprint, however. I tried going back to CyanogenMod 10.2 stable, but the problem still exists. I also tried going back to the stock ROM, and the problem still exists. I looked for hours online, but could not find anything to fix my problem.
Broke your internal modem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Device List: Sanyo Katana < UTStarcom Arc < LG Optimus S < HTC Evo LTE < Nexus 5
Nexus 5: SOKP (Private Build)
Kernel: ElementalX

 
timetravel_1024
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007 View Post
Broke your internal modem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
How can I tell if my internal modem is broken?
 
Captain_Throwback
Old
#4  
Captain_Throwback's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,279
Posts: 10,567
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bensalem, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetravel_1024 View Post
Yesterday I flashed the newest CyanogenMod 11 nightly, and I am now unable to call, text, or use mobile data. When I go to About Phone ->Status and check my phone number, it says my phone number is 000-000-0626. I am able to connect to Sprint, however. I tried going back to CyanogenMod 10.2 stable, but the problem still exists. I also tried going back to the stock ROM, and the problem still exists. I looked for hours online, but could not find anything to fix my problem.
You need to flash back to a Sense ROM and reactivate your device. Looks like your device programming got wiped out.
Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005

Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 53135
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003

Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
timetravel_1024
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
You need to flash back to a Sense ROM and reactivate your device. Looks like your device programming got wiped out.
Thank you, it worked! I am now able to call/text/use mobile data again
 
timetravel_1024
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2014
Actually, there's a new problem... I can send texts, use mobile data, but not make/receive calls or receive texts...
 
Evolution_Freak
Old
#7  
Evolution_Freak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 370
Posts: 680
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: East Stroudsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetravel_1024 View Post
Actually, there's a new problem... I can send texts, use mobile data, but not make/receive calls or receive texts...
If you are still on a sense ROM, dial ##72786# from your dialer and select reset from the menu. I'm not sure if it will work from CM though but you could try.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Magnum_Enforcer
Old
#8  
Magnum_Enforcer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,899
Posts: 3,552
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak View Post
If you are still on a sense ROM, dial ##72786# from your dialer and select reset from the menu. I'm not sure if it will work from CM though but you could try.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dialer codes don't work on AOSP.

I also suggest updating your PRL & profile from a Sense ROM. Also, make sure your firmware is up to date. If you've done all this already, try what @Evolution_Freak suggested above.

Sent from my EVO LTE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
timetravel_1024
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hi, sorry for the late response. I updated the profile, prl, and firmware, and that did not fix it. I ended up doing the ##72786# method, and I am now able to send mms, but not receive or send/receive sms. 3G (and hopefully 4G) still works, however.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes