5,814,633 Members 53,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

n9006 successfully rooted but messed up rom...

Tip us?

Mulard_SkT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default n9006 successfully rooted but messed up rom...

Hello everyone!

I have quite a problem with my n9006 I bought in China a few months ago.
I successfully rooted it a month ago, then I managed to install Gapps. But it only worked a few days before it got messed up.
I cannot sign in with my google account, so every Gapps are useless. Also I didn't backup my apps with Titanium before I got rid of some of native apps, so I have freezes and crashes.

What should I do? Can I install an official update, a custom rom? If I install an official rom, will I lose my root?

IzArsha
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulard_SkT View Post
Hello everyone!

I have quite a problem with my n9006 I bought in China a few months ago.
I successfully rooted it a month ago, then I managed to install Gapps. But it only worked a few days before it got messed up.
I cannot sign in with my google account, so every Gapps are useless. Also I didn't backup my apps with Titanium before I got rid of some of native apps, so I have freezes and crashes.

What should I do? Can I install an official update, a custom rom? If I install an official rom, will I lose my root?
Yes you can install official update through odin and yes you will lose your root. But you can reroot back
If I do help, don't forget to press thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 32GB White/Black
[My own KitKat Custom Rom (IzArsha Mark 7 Android EvolutionX)] ◄/► [MIUI V5 N9005]
SneakyKat_Rev3.2
► = Awesome Battery Life

Mulard_SkT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzArsha View Post
Yes you can install official update through odin and yes you will lose your root. But you can reroot back
Thank you, I did it and it worked fine, I only had to install the n9005 CF auto root instead of the n9006 to get it work.
Now I'm stuck with Gapps, which I cannot install properly.