Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

n9006 successfully rooted but messed up rom...

OP Mulard_SkT

10th April 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello everyone!

I have quite a problem with my n9006 I bought in China a few months ago.
I successfully rooted it a month ago, then I managed to install Gapps. But it only worked a few days before it got messed up.
I cannot sign in with my google account, so every Gapps are useless. Also I didn't backup my apps with Titanium before I got rid of some of native apps, so I have freezes and crashes.

What should I do? Can I install an official update, a custom rom? If I install an official rom, will I lose my root?
10th April 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulard_SkT

Hello everyone!

I have quite a problem with my n9006 I bought in China a few months ago.
I successfully rooted it a month ago, then I managed to install Gapps. But it only worked a few days before it got messed up.
I cannot sign in with my google account, so every Gapps are useless. Also I didn't backup my apps with Titanium before I got rid of some of native apps, so I have freezes and crashes.

What should I do? Can I install an official update, a custom rom? If I install an official rom, will I lose my root?

Yes you can install official update through odin and yes you will lose your root. But you can reroot back
11th April 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzArsha

Yes you can install official update through odin and yes you will lose your root. But you can reroot back

Thank you, I did it and it worked fine, I only had to install the n9005 CF auto root instead of the n9006 to get it work.
Now I'm stuck with Gapps, which I cannot install properly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread