Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 50,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HD calling option in stock NC5 or NC5D?

Tip us?

JimSmith94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Default HD calling option in stock NC5 or NC5D?

HD calling is working and there are screenshots of the settings in this post from freeza's ROM thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=689

I don't have this option in my phone settings, so is this available in the stock ROM or is it only available through the tweaks in freeza's ROM and/or kernel?

I have been on the fence about tripping Knox and rooting, but having HD calling might be enough to tip me over the edge.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimSmith94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JimSmith94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Can someone please tell me what ROM or kernel enables HD calling as seen in mainstang's phone settings pictures from freeza's fre3 Hybrid ROM?

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1588

DONATE TO ME
Well if it's seen in freeza's rom. Why would you ask what rom has it. You already know the answer. Freeza has alot of option on that others don't.

Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache

JimSmith94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
Well if it's seen in freeza's rom. Why would you ask what rom has it. You already know the answer. Freeza has alot of option on that others don't.

Thanks kaos, I'm currently running unrooted stock NC5 and don't have TEP, so I'm trying not to trip Knox. I will probably bite the bullet and root one of these days, but I am hoping there might be a stock tweak or kernel that would enable HD calling without rooting. If I do have to root to get it, I'd like to know what other ROMs have the option besides freeza's. His is nice for sure, as is Axman's, etc., etc.

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1588

DONATE TO ME
Yes there are a load of things freeza's rom has unlocked over stock in menus. Working now on call today if I get time tonight I'll shot a video of the menus. If not will be tomorrow. But one thing I personal use is i can select 2.4ghz or 5ghz for wireless. For 5ghz wireless n it's awesome.

Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JimSmith94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Yes there are a load of things freeza's rom has unlocked over stock in menus. Working now on call today if I get time tonight I'll shot a video of the menus. If not will be tomorrow. But one thing I personal use is i can select 2.4ghz or 5ghz for wireless. For 5ghz wireless n it's awesome.

Thanks kaos, I would appreciate the video. The wireless menu sounds interesting too. I seem to always connect to my 2.4 GHz which is crowded in my apartment building. My 5 GHz is the only one I detect, so I would much rather use it instead.

JimSmith94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:

Thanks kaos, I would appreciate the video. The wireless menu sounds interesting too. I seem to always connect to my 2.4 GHz which is crowded in my apartment building. My 5 GHz is the only one I detect, so I would much rather use it instead.

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1588

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
here is some of the extras he includes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JimSmith94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
here is some of the extras he includes.

Thanks again Kaos. Wow, I slowed your video to 1/4 speed in YouTube and saw settings I've never even heard of before! I think you have just convinced me to bite the bullet, root and trip Knox. I have always rooted my previous phones and having all of these options available make tripping Knox look like nothing more than a minor inconvenience.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimSmith94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

onemanruler
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
Thanks again Kaos. Wow, I slowed your video to 1/4 speed in YouTube and saw settings I've never even heard of before! I think you have just convinced me to bite the bullet, root and trip Knox. I have always rooted my previous phones and having all of these options available make tripping Knox look like nothing more than a minor inconvenience.
That's all it really is I was the same way before rooting mine. I figured out after that knox really is just for business phones.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to onemanruler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]