Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] make s3weather widget apk installable?

Tip us?

dominator96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Lightbulb [Q] make s3weather widget apk installable?

Hey guys.
I was wondering if it is possible to make the original s3 weather apk installable by changing its name and label. When I try installing it says another package with a conflicting signature is already installed. So if its name and label is changed and signed again, it may become installable as a normal apk. Can anyone help me in editing the name and label? I would do it myself but I cant figure out how to edit androidmanifest.xml and so I require help. Thanks
If anyone can help me. I can provide the weather apk.

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,236

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator96 View Post
Hey guys.
I was wondering if it is possible to make the original s3 weather apk installable by changing its name and label. When I try installing it says another package with a conflicting signature is already installed. So if its name and label is changed and signed again, it may become installable as a normal apk. Can anyone help me in editing the name and label? I would do it myself but I cant figure out how to edit androidmanifest.xml and so I require help. Thanks
If anyone can help me. I can provide the weather apk.
At first why do u want to have this apk twice?
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer

dominator96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Because I have GRAND 2 which has NOTE 3 weather widget. But I want the s3 weather too

dominator96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
At first why do u want to have this apk twice?
Because I have GRAND 2 which contain NOTE 3 weather clone but I also want the one used in S3. so the plan is to have both

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,236

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Because I have GRAND 2 which contain NOTE 3 weather clone but I also want the one used in S3. so the plan is to have both
So you need to decompile the apk and change the package name into AndroidManifest.xml then recompile and push your modified apk to your device. You won't be able to install updates for course.

Quote:

dominator96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
So you need to decompile the apk and change the package name into AndroidManifest.xml then recompile and push your modified apk to your device. You won't be able to install updates for course.
The plan is to rename AccuWeather into AccuS3 and com.sec.????? Into com.sec.accus3.widget and resign the apk so I can install it as a normal apk. However, if it required the daemon and the main file. I'll have their name changed as well into AccuS3 daemon and AccuS3 main respectively. They, maybe, then work on all devices (maybe not on non-TW devices) but atleast galaxy users will get the s3 weather. But after many attempts, I failed to edit label, name and icon so I want someone to do this for me. I have the AccuWeather and AccuWeather main apk. but I will upload them if someone is willing to waste time on it and gives me green signal.

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,236

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The plan is to rename AccuWeather into AccuS3 and com.sec.????? Into com.sec.accus3.widget and resign the apk so I can install it as a normal apk. However, if it required the daemon and the main file. I'll have their name changed as well into AccuS3 daemon and AccuS3 main respectively. They, maybe, then work on all devices (maybe not on non-TW devices) but atleast galaxy users will get the s3 weather. But after many attempts, I failed to edit label, name and icon so I want someone to do this for me. I have the AccuWeather and AccuWeather main apk. but I will upload them if someone is willing to waste time on it and gives me green signal.
Upload the apks and I'll see what I can do. With your Grand 2 you have TouchWiz but I'm not 100% sure it will work so you can already make a nandroid backup.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Do u want the S4 version instead?

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dominator96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Upload the apks and I'll see what I can do. With your Grand 2 you have TouchWiz but I'm not 100% sure it will work so you can already make a nandroid backup.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I dont have root otherwise, I would just flash the other provided apks. I cant flash, thats why I want an APK which is normally installable and normally deletable like any other application. Btw Thanks for the help
- https://db.tt/F7DmqxXf

dominator96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

Grand 2's default weather is already almost s4 s3 weather is unique and comepletely different. Thats why I want s3. But thanks for the s4 link too

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,236

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Grand 2's default weather is already almost s4 s3 weather is unique and comepletely different. Thats why I want s3. But thanks for the s4 link too
I need to be at home to work on your apks so I keep you informed

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]