Originally Posted by Lambetts
Got an international Note 3 and I'm getting really sick of waiting for the the update from 4.3 to 4.4.2.
I was thinking of flashing the Poland rom so that my bootloader is flashed then just flashing a 4.4.2 rom of my choosing. But, will the bootloader be more up to date / stable / better in general if I just wait for my official update?
I'd like to let it update 'naturally' but, this is getting beyond a joke. 4.4.2 has been out for frigging ages and I'd like to know when Australia is going to get it. I've flashed an open Australian firmware so technically I don't have to wait for my carrier. I just can't believe if I bought my phone from Samsung directly, I STILL wouldn't have 4.4.2... Anyway, I'm sure with this rolling out and changing so many times, the bootloader has been changed too. But, it's probably no big deal anyway. I can always flash the official 4.4.2 when it released I supposed to update my bootloader if I wish. Or can't I?
Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Shouldn't matter... Once on KK you have the option to go up and down on KK without triggering Knox but not back to JB.
Did the update fairly quickly after it was released in Poland. Never had a problem with going to others.
Have heard however that carrier roms seem to be a problem as the partition table is different, probably due to the proprietary apps carriers load into the rom needing more space.
Would suggest using broken up polish rom NA6 to flash first - this will make sure you're bootloader is flashed, then go to what you want like the latest NC2.
Better yet, root the polish rom, install a custom recovery and do a nandroid backup then use a custom rom.
All the little niggly problems are circumvented then....
You can't root KK without triggering Knox warranty void.
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...