TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

Samsung SM-G900A - from AT&T Unlock

OP waranty92

10th April 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
Is it possible to unlock Samsung SM-G900A - from AT&T and use different sim card in another county
13th April 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Curitiba - PR

54 posts
More
I have the same doubt. Any way?
14th April 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #3  
Flag Parsippany
Thanks Meter: 4

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waranty92

Is it possible to unlock Samsung SM-G900A - from AT&T and use different sim card in another country

I'm not sure, but maybe you can ask the AT&T customer care to give you the unlock code as well as the method to do it.

That's what I tried for my S2 and S3. I had them under contract. And if you buy it without contract, shouldn't it be unlocked already? Just curious!

I'll ask about the unlock process to AT&T tomorrow and let you know if the same trick works or not

Unless I'm not mistaken, you are not talking about rooting the device already, are you!
14th April 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

85 posts
Donate to Me
If you ever want to modify your phone, I recommend returning during your 14 day trial period. Otherwise, you will be stuck with a worthless piece of junk. Although nobody has verified this yet, the SM-G900T (tmobile) appears to support the same bands but I need someone to test with a ATT SIM
14th April 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
I want to root the phone because it may be blacklisted by at&t
Last edited by waranty92; 14th April 2014 at 02:51 PM.
15th April 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Curitiba - PR

54 posts
More
I unlocked mine whit Swift Unlock.
15th April 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #7  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,634

8,912 posts
More
The T-Mobile version (SM-G900T) supports all of the frequencies of AT&T, plus WCDMA 1700 MHz. Additionally, it's the only variant with an unlocked bootloader. I know people using it on AT&T.
16th April 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED)

The T-Mobile version (SM-G900T) supports all of the frequencies of AT&T, plus WCDMA 1700 MHz. Additionally, it's the only variant with an unlocked bootloader. I know people using it on AT&T.

Is unlocked bootloader avaliable on this forum and is it flashable on stock version,
16th April 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #9  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,634

8,912 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waranty92

Is unlocked bootloader avaliable on this forum and is it flashable on stock version,

That question makes no sense. By "bootloader unlocked", I mean that the T-Mobile version is the only variant that lets you flash anything without stopping you (e.g. custom ROM, custom recovery, custom kernel). Depending on what you flash, you will trip Knox though.
16th April 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED)

That question makes no sense. By "bootloader unlocked", I mean that the T-Mobile version is the only variant that lets you flash anything without stopping you (e.g. custom ROM, custom recovery, custom kernel). Depending on what you flash, you will trip Knox though.

I'm not getting answer of main question, can I flash custom rom or root Samsung SM-G900A and use it with any sim card even if it is blacklisted by AT&T

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread