Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung SM-G900A - from AT&T Unlock

Tip us?

waranty92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samsung SM-G900A - from AT&T Unlock

Is it possible to unlock Samsung SM-G900A - from AT&T and use different sim card in another county

rafaelpinaf
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same doubt. Any way?

nikhilppatel
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by waranty92 View Post
Is it possible to unlock Samsung SM-G900A - from AT&T and use different sim card in another country
I'm not sure, but maybe you can ask the AT&T customer care to give you the unlock code as well as the method to do it.

That's what I tried for my S2 and S3. I had them under contract. And if you buy it without contract, shouldn't it be unlocked already? Just curious!

I'll ask about the unlock process to AT&T tomorrow and let you know if the same trick works or not

Unless I'm not mistaken, you are not talking about rooting the device already, are you!

enigma99a
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
If you ever want to modify your phone, I recommend returning during your 14 day trial period. Otherwise, you will be stuck with a worthless piece of junk. Although nobody has verified this yet, the SM-G900T (tmobile) appears to support the same bands but I need someone to test with a ATT SIM

waranty92
Old
(Last edited by waranty92; 14th April 2014 at 02:51 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I want to root the phone because it may be blacklisted by at&t

rafaelpinaf
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I unlocked mine whit Swift Unlock.

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2,608
The T-Mobile version (SM-G900T) supports all of the frequencies of AT&T, plus WCDMA 1700 MHz. Additionally, it's the only variant with an unlocked bootloader. I know people using it on AT&T.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

waranty92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
The T-Mobile version (SM-G900T) supports all of the frequencies of AT&T, plus WCDMA 1700 MHz. Additionally, it's the only variant with an unlocked bootloader. I know people using it on AT&T.
Is unlocked bootloader avaliable on this forum and is it flashable on stock version,

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by waranty92 View Post
Is unlocked bootloader avaliable on this forum and is it flashable on stock version,
That question makes no sense. By "bootloader unlocked", I mean that the T-Mobile version is the only variant that lets you flash anything without stopping you (e.g. custom ROM, custom recovery, custom kernel). Depending on what you flash, you will trip Knox though.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

waranty92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
That question makes no sense. By "bootloader unlocked", I mean that the T-Mobile version is the only variant that lets you flash anything without stopping you (e.g. custom ROM, custom recovery, custom kernel). Depending on what you flash, you will trip Knox though.
I'm not getting answer of main question, can I flash custom rom or root Samsung SM-G900A and use it with any sim card even if it is blacklisted by AT&T