[TOOL][4.4+][UPDATE V2] Switch D2A_RT - Switch between runtimes easily from Recovery
Tool by hnkotnis
I installed CM11 Kitkat on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus. I didn't wanted to activate the Developer's option in settings for next 5 days (Because I don't want my friends mess around). But I wanted to switch over to ART. So I had such idea that I can do this from recovery.
But I also had idea, due to my previous work with Aroma Installer, that I can create a single zip that can revert back to Dalvik also.
I found that after Factory Restore runtime is set to Dalvik again.
So I concluded that it is stored in /data
After messing around with the /data partition, I found where selected runtime is saved.
I created such a zip and I am sharing with you.
Meanwhile, when I was writing this thread, similar thread suggest showed me another tool of XDA Senior Member husen4u.
However his tool has 2 different files required to be flashed.
I did not copy
his work, but runtime change code is same for all Android 4.4+, however I still give him credits, because he created similar project first.
So I present you my new tool :- Switch D2A_RT
So general idea is this tool can change ART <------> Dalvik from single
File is attached at bottom of this post.
Current Version :- 2.0
Release Date :- 15th April, 2014
Older Version Details:-
Version 0.5 5th April, 2014
- Initial Release.
- First Working Version.
- Not published on XDA. Only tested on my phone.
Version 0.5 5th April, 2014
- Fixed some minor icons.
- First version to be published on XDA and also featured on XDA Portal and XDA TV
Version 2.0 15th April, 2014
- Added option to wipe Dalvik Cache.
- busybox comes with this zip, no need to have busybox installed.
0. You need a Android 4.4+ ROM.
1. Download and put the zip file in any storage.
2. Go to recovery (use any recovery, I used CWM Touch 188.8.131.52).
3. Flash the zip file and navigate through Aroma Menu.
4. Choose ART or Dalvik and Reboot.
5. Rebooting can take lot of time (depending on number of apps). CyanogenMod 11 users can see "Android is upgrading" screen.
PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT FAQ if you have any questions/doubts or this software is not working.
Few common problems like incompatibility and XPOSED are mentioned there.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):-
I tested this on my SGS+ GT-I9001 with CM11. Both functions work. However there might be some minor GUI/icon/picture size errors.
But main functions of this work fine.
Press Thanks if helped.
Developer of this tool, hnkotnis, has no responsiblity if your phone, memory card or you are bricked, bootlooped or any type of damage.
You are using this tool on your own and you take whole responsibility of any damage caused.
YOU CANNOT MODIFY, COPY OR PUBLISH THIS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.