Ask a question

No registration required

[SOLVED] Internal Storage Reset to 125MB and Reporting Full

OP armaugh

14th April 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have an A500 with 32gb internal and 32gb external SD. The A500 was on ICS but I could not boot into recovery mode no matter what was tried. I followed a thread here to reset the A500 back to 3.01 which it did. However, apparently the process reset directory or partition data to where only an Internal Storage folder shows up and shows completely full at 125MB which prevents me from downloading any apps to help me with this situation. I followed another thread to install CWM 6.0.4.5 so that I could focus on installing the new Omni kitkat rom. Initially, I flashed the 3.01 to ICS wiping all of the cache, factory reset, dalvik cache, etc. The same internal storage limit of 125mb showed up unresolved. I then followed the directions to upgrade to the Omni kitkat rom with success, however, the SAME 125 MB internal storage is unresolved. I have read as many threads as I can and cannot find a solution. I am a newbie to Android. I am looking for advice of how to reset the partitions on the internal SD or whatever needs to be accomplished to resolve the situation.

The system reports my Android version is 4.4.2
Omni Version 4.4.2-201404-a500-iconiaHD

Kernel version:
2.6.39.4-jellyplay_v5.3+
domi@LDLCLinux#1
Fri Apr 4 10:49:44 CEST 2014

Build number
omni_a500-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L eng.domi.20140404.102307 test-keys

When attached to Windows, Windows 7-64 can see both the internal SD and the external SD. I do not think there is any hardware issue.

UPDATE: superwipe.zip did an excellent job of formatting the relevant partitions. All appears to be working normally.
Last edited by armaugh; 17th April 2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: add updated info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread