Post Reply

SCH-i435 questions (firmware, CWM, unlock)

5th December 2013, 01:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
bought a phone SCH-i435
baseband i435vreamf3
kernel 3.4.0-eng se.infra@SEP-114 #1
bild serranoitevzw-eng 4.2.2 jdq39

I would like to know:
- this phone is the full analogue of the GT-I9195?
- can I flash the firmware from i9195 in my i435?
- how to make a backup of the firmware?
- is there a CWM for i435?
- does the original factory firmware for use through ODIN?
- can I i435 unlock for other SIM (not Verizon)?
5th December 2013, 07:34 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedadeda

bought a phone SCH-i435
baseband i435vreamf3
kernel 3.4.0-eng se.infra@SEP-114 #1
bild serranoitevzw-eng 4.2.2 jdq39

I would like to know:
- this phone is the full analogue of the GT-I9195?
- can I flash the firmware from i9195 in my i435?
- how to make a backup of the firmware?
- is there a CWM for i435?
- does the original factory firmware for use through ODIN?
- can I i435 unlock for other SIM (not Verizon)?

The I435 is not the same as the I919x phones. Since it's verizon, it uses CDMA technology rather than GSM. I think it may work with GSM carriers outside of the US but I'm not sure.
Since the phone hardware is different than the I9195 I dont think flashing that firmware would be a good idea.

I'm not sure about the other questions. The phone may be able to be unlocked but I haven't seen any info on that.
12th December 2013, 02:41 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Apparently the only way to root the SCH-I435 is using kingo which is apparently sending the imei of the phone to China. They released a new version that's supposed to not do anything sketchy, but I have yet to see any threads with confirmation. Best bet is to wait it out until other methods are ready...
12th December 2013, 03:12 AM   |  #4  
kc6wke's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag So, Cal
Thanks Meter: 358
 
539 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FetusHead

Apparently the only way to root the SCH-I435 is using kingo which is apparently sending the imei of the phone to China. They released a new version that's supposed to not do anything sketchy, but I have yet to see any threads with confirmation. Best bet is to wait it out until other methods are ready...

Here is a email I got from kingo tech support
I havent had any issues

Click image for larger version

Name:	kingo.png
Views:	274
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	2449430
The Following User Says Thank You to kc6wke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2013, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
sfgrimes's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 15
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
I rooted my SCH-I435 with the new version of kingo. I monitored the traffic for a while and have yet to have any issues with it. Seems to be working well.
The Following User Says Thank You to sfgrimes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Thumbs up Alternative root method
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgrimes

I rooted my SCH-I435 with the new version of kingo. I monitored the traffic for a while and have yet to have any issues with it. Seems to be working well.

Depending on your baseband you can root using the this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

You must be on baseband MK5 for it to work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Mini General by ThreadRank