Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 52,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] galaxy tab 2 10.1 p5113 screen replacement help!

Tip us?

killjoy1179
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] galaxy tab 2 10.1 p5113 screen replacement help!

so about a week ago I purchased a tab 2 from a "friend". he said it had a cracked screen and he just replaced the digitizer. and it looked good and everything. so I paid him, then got home and noticed there are 2 zones on my screen that are completely unresponsive. he also replaced the back case of it, and its the wrong one. so I told him about the screen and he just said sorry, guess I didn't use it enough before I sold it to notice it...so I cant get my money back or anything, so im taking it upon myself to fix this.

I know the digitizers have different rev's. right now it has a rev 3 digitizer. my "friend" also threw away the original digitizer so I have no clue which one I need.

my questions is, is there any way to figure out which exact digitizer I need??? or is it possible that the rev 3 is the right one and this one is just gone bad/cheap?

I need help ASAP! I want this fixed and sold and off my hands. I also already searched around for a solution but found nothing....

thanks to anyone that can help!

shawndh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy1179 View Post
so about a week ago I purchased a tab 2 from a "friend". he said it had a cracked screen and he just replaced the digitizer. and it looked good and everything. so I paid him, then got home and noticed there are 2 zones on my screen that are completely unresponsive. he also replaced the back case of it, and its the wrong one. so I told him about the screen and he just said sorry, guess I didn't use it enough before I sold it to notice it...so I cant get my money back or anything, so im taking it upon myself to fix this.

I know the digitizers have different rev's. right now it has a rev 3 digitizer. my "friend" also threw away the original digitizer so I have no clue which one I need.

my questions is, is there any way to figure out which exact digitizer I need??? or is it possible that the rev 3 is the right one and this one is just gone bad/cheap?

I need help ASAP! I want this fixed and sold and off my hands. I also already searched around for a solution but found nothing....

thanks to anyone that can help!
I know this is late but if it's a REV.03 you should get another REV.03. As long as it works it's the right version. Your screen is either defective, has dirty contacts (use eraser to clean), or inserted crooked.

Mine on the other hand has no REV# printed on the digitizer cable and I can't figure out which one works with it. I have a REV.01 and REV.03 right now and neither of them work. Only the mysterious original screen with a crack will work.

kjg001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Different revisions on digitizers

I noticed there are several revisions on digitizers. Mine apparently is a REV 0.0 since there are no markings. I asked a supplier and they told me what revision I have. They also said they did not stock REV 0.0. My question is does anyone know a good supplier that carries all revisions of digitizers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is for a GT-5113TS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cable.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	2548543  

Smokinjoe D
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I"m in the same boat!

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, I've tried a rev 3 and it doesn't work at all. My original works fine but is shattered and there are no markings at all on the flex cable. I was also told that mine is a rev 0.0 but can't find one anywhere. I noticed that if you look closely at the connectors on the flex cables the original has all of the contacts and the rev 0.3 is missing the #2 contact. Let me know if you find one that will work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tab digitizer127.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	2583028  

k00lguy105
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I just swapped out a broken digitizer with a REV02 and it doesn't work, on the broke one it doesn't say REV but it has MCF-101-0403-V3 ISU 1238. Does that mean its REV03?
Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3
Rom: CM 10.2.1
Kernel: 3.4.66-cyanogenmod
Baseband: T999UVDMD5