NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Qtek 8500 Portuguese T9 Files Needed

OP alanbr

17th July 2006, 01:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
Hello,

I received my Qtek 8500 recently and it has many T9 Languages, but no Portuguese. Can anyone help me install Portuguese T9 on it? Many thanks,

Alan
19th July 2006, 12:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Firenze
Thanks Meter: 8

147 posts
More
If you don't already tried, you can see http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=56710
It's for tornado/faraday smartphones but maybe it's working also on the star trek.
20th July 2006, 01:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Thanks. Unfortunately, I saw that yesterday and tried it but it did not work. Maybe we need the file extracted from the ROM of the Star Trek...
20th July 2006, 07:38 PM   |  #4  

60 posts
More
What about flashing the i-mate Smartflip WWE ROM on it ?

I have it and it has Portuguese T9...

Just my 2 cents.

Ciao
20th July 2006, 10:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
At the moment it is not possible to flash the iMate ROM to the Qtek because it is CID locked. But maybe you could give me the Portuguese files and I could try to install manually without changing the ROM. It is simple. Please add me to your MSN and we can work this out hopefully. My MSN is d07@hotmail.com. Looking forward to it. Thanks!
Alan
21st July 2006, 05:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Help Needed
OK, I received the files from Mix (many thanks, man!), and tried to add the T9 Portuguese, but it is not working. I have it as available now, but when I input anything, nothing happens. The procedure I followed was the one posted by Ronswens. Maybe for the Qtek 8500 there is a different procedure. If anyone can help, please do. It will be much appreciated. Thanks,

Alan
21st July 2006, 07:13 PM   |  #7  

60 posts
More
Re: Help Needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbr

OK, I received the files from Mix (many thanks, man!), and tried to add the T9 Portuguese, but it is not working. I have it as available now, but when I input anything, nothing happens. The procedure I followed was the one posted by Ronswens. Maybe for the Qtek 8500 there is a different procedure. If anyone can help, please do. It will be much appreciated. Thanks,

Alan

Just a question: did you unlock your device, or is it still locked ?

I don't mean SIM locked, but application locked !!!

Please, have a look if you can move links within "\Windows\Start Menu" and its subdirectories...

Otherwise it would be anyway difficult...

And/or maybe there are some other references within the registry that could prevent you succeed...

Just my 2 cents...

Ciao (and good luck...).
21st July 2006, 07:21 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Hi Mix,

Yes, I do have the phone application unlocked. I used HTC Registry Editor to change the value of those 2 keys and then I ran the SDA Application Unlock executable. So I believe it is fully application unlocked. Just for the sake of it, I tested moving the shortcuts from the Windows\Start menu as you suggested and I had no problems in doing it... So I believe we have to find out what else is necessary... But thanks again for your support! And congrats on the Fifa World Cup!

Alan
22nd July 2006, 06:13 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Michele,

I think I am closer now to the problem. I tested with Spanish and it worked. However, it does not work with Portuguese no matter what I do. But now we know that I am not making any silly mistakes on my side, and that the problem has nothing to do with my phone being locked, etc. All the languages that you sent to me seem to work, except Portuguese... It seems to me that the Portuguese files are somehow corrupted. Since you do have Portuguese T9 on your device, may I ask you to please try to use it and see if it is working? Let me know the results. Many thanks for your help!

Alan
31st July 2006, 03:24 PM   |  #10  

36 posts
More
alanbr , hi !!!

You are from Portugal right ?

Where did you buy your Qtek 8500 ? have you managed to fix the problem with T9 PT ?

And do you know if your QTEK 8500 allows firmware updates from QTEK ?

Thanks...

By the way can you leave me a PRIV MSG with your MSN ?

Thanks again.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread