Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,588 Members 47,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Qtek 8500 Portuguese T9 Files Needed

Tip us?

alanbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Qtek 8500 Portuguese T9 Files Needed

Hello,

I received my Qtek 8500 recently and it has many T9 Languages, but no Portuguese. Can anyone help me install Portuguese T9 on it? Many thanks,

Alan

dalamario
Old
Thanks Meter 8
If you don't already tried, you can see http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=56710
It's for tornado/faraday smartphones but maybe it's working also on the star trek.

alanbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks. Unfortunately, I saw that yesterday and tried it but it did not work. Maybe we need the file extracted from the ROM of the Star Trek...

mix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What about flashing the i-mate Smartflip WWE ROM on it ?

I have it and it has Portuguese T9...

Just my 2 cents.

Ciao
Michele "Mix"
Radio: 1.02.25.19
Protocol: 52.33.25.17U

alanbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
At the moment it is not possible to flash the iMate ROM to the Qtek because it is CID locked. But maybe you could give me the Portuguese files and I could try to install manually without changing the ROM. It is simple. Please add me to your MSN and we can work this out hopefully. My MSN is d07@hotmail.com. Looking forward to it. Thanks!
Alan

alanbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help Needed

OK, I received the files from Mix (many thanks, man!), and tried to add the T9 Portuguese, but it is not working. I have it as available now, but when I input anything, nothing happens. The procedure I followed was the one posted by Ronswens. Maybe for the Qtek 8500 there is a different procedure. If anyone can help, please do. It will be much appreciated. Thanks,

Alan

mix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbr
OK, I received the files from Mix (many thanks, man!), and tried to add the T9 Portuguese, but it is not working. I have it as available now, but when I input anything, nothing happens. The procedure I followed was the one posted by Ronswens. Maybe for the Qtek 8500 there is a different procedure. If anyone can help, please do. It will be much appreciated. Thanks,

Alan
Just a question: did you unlock your device, or is it still locked ?

I don't mean SIM locked, but application locked !!!

Please, have a look if you can move links within "\Windows\Start Menu" and its subdirectories...

Otherwise it would be anyway difficult...

And/or maybe there are some other references within the registry that could prevent you succeed...

Just my 2 cents...

Ciao (and good luck...).
Michele "Mix"
Radio: 1.02.25.19
Protocol: 52.33.25.17U

alanbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Mix,

Yes, I do have the phone application unlocked. I used HTC Registry Editor to change the value of those 2 keys and then I ran the SDA Application Unlock executable. So I believe it is fully application unlocked. Just for the sake of it, I tested moving the shortcuts from the Windows\Start menu as you suggested and I had no problems in doing it... So I believe we have to find out what else is necessary... But thanks again for your support! And congrats on the Fifa World Cup!

Alan

alanbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Michele,

I think I am closer now to the problem. I tested with Spanish and it worked. However, it does not work with Portuguese no matter what I do. But now we know that I am not making any silly mistakes on my side, and that the problem has nothing to do with my phone being locked, etc. All the languages that you sent to me seem to work, except Portuguese... It seems to me that the Portuguese files are somehow corrupted. Since you do have Portuguese T9 on your device, may I ask you to please try to use it and see if it is working? Let me know the results. Many thanks for your help!

Alan

cre8or
Old
Thanks Meter 1
alanbr , hi !!!

You are from Portugal right ?

Where did you buy your Qtek 8500 ? have you managed to fix the problem with T9 PT ?

And do you know if your QTEK 8500 allows firmware updates from QTEK ?

Thanks...

By the way can you leave me a PRIV MSG with your MSN ?

Thanks again.